No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business wants to fund pilot episode

Hello All,

I have a fitness company that is interested in funding my pilot episode for my short animated series. I've never been approached about this before but they're wanting me to include their company in the plot for that particular ep.

Anyone ever dealt with this situation on what is expected, funds etc? Any advice or links are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Business wants to fund pilot episode

Generally ...

If it's only for the pilot without any ongoing obligations you can probably do it.

This usually just becomes an issue when someone has picked up your series for broadcast. Broadcasters (in all their forms) like to have full control over any sponsorship deals as they often have many arrangements in place with a number of brands and have to balance things carefully in order not to alienate anyone or generate any conflicts. Also the manner and extent to which sponsors can be included in the program varies from territory to territory and from one broadcaster to another.

For a pilot, however, you are generally safe but be careful about making any commitments.

ETA: If it happens that a broadcaster is interested in your series and the sponsor has an ongoing interest, the accepted protocol is to introduce the sponsor to the broadcaster and let them work out any arrangement themselves.
    Last edited by DavidK; 04-23-2017, 12:05 AM. Reason: ETA
    "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

Re: Business wants to fund pilot episode

This is great. Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
      X