No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Passengers

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    It's one of those books that had a great title and before we had twitter trolls, we had this book. I thought it was funny just because it pissed people off.
    Anything in written form that pisses people off is a GIANT "fukk yup!" for me.
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

I'm lazy and I read Passengers plot online and it sounded like a solid movie to me. I mean you need conflict in a movie and what's better conflict than waking up someone early on a flight to offer her a soda -- I mean screw her brains out because she's attractive.

The ending I read on Wikipedia sounded solid to me. She had a way out and she choose to stay. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        I'm lazy and I read Passengers plot online and it sounded like a solid movie to me. I mean you need conflict in a movie and what's better conflict than waking up someone early on a flight to offer her a soda -- I mean screw her brains out because she's attractive.

The ending I read on Wikipedia sounded solid to me. She had a way out and she choose to stay. Did I miss something?
        Well... maybe not. We all have a different POV, eh?

It worked for plenty of people... namely the folks who MADE the thing.

At this point, that'd be my comeback to ANY critic. "Yeah... you hated it? Rad, but guess what, IT FUKKING GOT MADE! BYE... CONVO OVER!!!"

Comment

I don't think that movie sounds like a fun watch. It sounds super depressing. But it does at least make you think.

And we should always point out -- this is a good example of making your character do something you would never do yourself in real life -- but you're like "what if he woke up someone else..."

Comment

True... I'd say that's the best aspect about it. He put the character in a HARD place to win back an audience. I like when writers do that.

I think that's probably why the studio pushed it the way they did. Didn't they leave all that **** out of the trailer? It does feel kinda male fantasy to me. You wake up the hottest chick on the space ship assuming she'll dig you?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... no chick is gonna write that.

Not that they don't have their unrealistic female fantasy flicks (Gone Girl).

Guy: I could win her no matter what.

Girl: I could keep him no matter what.

Seems like the cliche/trope. Probably because that's how the world actually works.

Comment

Working...
            X