Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barry

Gotta agree. Last season Barry had two strong goals: achieve acceptance in his acting class and avoid getting caught by the police for his murders.

This season his main acting goal is to prepare an effective scene for the personal showcase. His main non-acting goal is to not have to be a hitman anymore. The stakes for neither feel as high as last season's. It's left the show feeling like it's been meandering a bit, spinning its wheels.

Overall I'm still liking it, mostly due to the great characters (Noho Hank continues to be a scene stealer). But I agree with what was said above -- I'm not sure how many seasons they'll be able to get out of this premise.
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

NoHo Hank -- I can't even remember why that's his nickname now -- but he's the unique animal that gets me so excited. He's the unicorn of the show. He reminds me of the guy who died in real life, but was in first 5-6 episodes of Silicon Valley as the weird Steve Jobs like guy who wants to invest in Pied Piper... when he's on screen it's absolutely like nothing you've seen before on TV.

Silicon Valley btw is amazing at how the story keeps going and going, connecting and how it just gets worse and worse for our heroes.

Some amazing TV out there kids.

Next season they have to move on to acting making a short film, or a feature where Barry can play a hitman while he's still a hitman in real life... go to up it and lose some of the acting dead weight in the class who just don't really stand out to me like they should.

Also the death of a major character last season for sure made the show feel very very off at the beginning of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        Next season they have to move on to acting making a short film, or a feature where Barry can play a hitman while he's still a hitman in real life...
        Yeah -- I think the show will start to lose momentum if Barry doesn't have a significant leap in his acting career, so doing a film sounds like a good idea.

Also the death of a major character last season for sure made the show feel very very off at the beginning of this season.
        Definitely. That character was in many ways a grounding force in a show full of eccentric/oddball characters. Not sure if they've found a suitable replacement yet.
        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

All true, but the last episode was just ****ing amazing. So maybe it will be what happens to a lot of great shows, it dips down, then goes way way back up.

Comment

NoHo Hank -- I can't even remember why that's his nickname now -- but he's the unique animal that gets me so excited. He's the unicorn of the show. He reminds me of the guy who died in real life, but was in first 5-6 episodes of Silicon Valley as the weird Steve Jobs like guy who wants to invest in Pied Piper... when he's on screen it's absolutely like nothing you've seen before on TV.

Silicon Valley btw is amazing at how the story keeps going and going, connecting and how it just gets worse and worse for our heroes.

Some amazing TV out there kids.

Next season they have to move on to acting making a short film, or a feature where Barry can play a hitman while he's still a hitman in real life... go to up it and lose some of the acting dead weight in the class who just don't really stand out to me like they should.

Because he lived in North Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
              Because he lived in North Hollywood.
              Ha -- I was thinking with my east coast NYC brain.

He's the ****ing best!

Comment

So good...

Comment

Working...
                X