No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gucci Gives Back

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    FA4 -- great post. That's amazing you got a secret consultation. Great story and love how you explain what you learned. Note behind the note is huge. Also if 3 people say something is wrong with a script -- fix something -- because something is off if 3 people are saying the same thing. It may be a word!

My guess is Gucci Ex paid for it because she seems very cool!
    Ha!

Agreed. Note behind the note. And swear to God, one time for me it was literally ONE WORD that was throwing people off. -CUT-
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
      it was someone i had met while at the expo. my ex isn't smart enough to know what a story consultant is. haha. he still calls me to give him the formula for gross margin % and sales comparison TY/LY.

dude is a dick. a good father, just a dishonest ******* 24/7. told my daughter that "we had an 'arrangement' that we agreed we were unhappy and he was allowed to 'date' other people. but, your mom is probably not going to agree with that." that was his explanation for messing around with a 20 year-old who already had a kid and got her pregnant. that's how she found out she had a brother she's never met. he's just your garden variety idiot.

i asked my daughter, "why do you think you father said i wouldn't agree with him?" she's smart. "because he's lying." right.

the person wanted to remain anonymous. i never did know who paid for the consult. some generous person who wanted to help someone who was passionate about their writing.

Ahhh... Now we're getting to the juicy part. Gotcha. Sound's like my fiancee's BFF's ex. Maybe it's the same dude? Ha! Hmmmm, wonder who the mysterious benefactor is.

Gotta make this quick or Will's gonna get pissed that we're going OT. LOL

But, my ex said to me 3 times "I can't be a wife, go out and date. If you come back, cool. If not, we know it wasn't meant to be." I said "no" twice. The 3rd time I said fukk it, I'll go date and so can you. There was a period where we were living together and both out dating (yes, weird), but we actually got along the best we ever had during that time. I'd help her pick out outfits for dates, etc. Didn't bother me, we were like siblings at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
        Agreed!

And I'm stoked for him. Dug his last film. I hate to see people crap out. I actually blame his previous reps. They should have been honest with him so he knew where he stood. That's the main thing we need "Is this good? If not, why not?"

Tunnel vision, blind spots etc...

I actually think even his stuff that he'd throw in the garbage is better than 95% of most people's stuff. It's just when you're writing at such a high level like him, people you expect you to be delivering like Pavarotti every night. It's kind of a tightrope because as his reps, I wouldn't really want to lose a world class talent like him. There are only a very select few like him that are that good. And most creatives hit rough patches. You almost wish there were Jerry Maguire like reps that believe in you no matter what and want you to "help them, help you." Ironically, that rough patch forced him to write some of his best stuff I've ever seen. They are more personal.

Comment

Could be... how much was the deal for?

I wish I knew. It sounded like a lot the way reps and producers were stepping on themselves to take credit for "discovering" this writer. Then, the writer goes and retires like Andrew Luck.

Comment

My guess is the benefactor is probably someone older. You see on the news many times, someone that just goes around paying for stuff for people. I even saw someone try to pay for someone's groceries once when someone's credit card wasn't working. There are a few nice people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
              I actually think even his stuff that he'd throw in the garbage is better than 95% of most people's stuff. It's just when you're writing at such a high level like him, people you expect you to be delivering like Pavarotti every night. It's kind of a tightrope because as his reps, I wouldn't really want to lose a world class talent like him. There are only a very select few like him that are that good. And most creatives hit rough patches. You almost wish there were Jerry Maguire like reps that believe in you no matter what and want you to "help them, help you." Ironically, that rough patch forced him to write some of his best stuff I've ever seen. They are more personal.
              Ain't that the truth.

Yup, at his level reps are scared he's gonna leave. But, yeah, I'm glad he made a comeback. Seems like he did hella soul searching to figure out what he wanted to do next. Good for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                I wish I knew. It sounded like a lot the way reps and producers were stepping on themselves to take credit for "discovering" this writer. Then, the writer goes and retires like Andrew Luck.
                Interesting...

Comment

Ain't that the truth.

Yup, at his level reps are scared he's gonna leave. But, yeah, I'm glad he made a comeback. Seems like he did hella soul searching to figure out what he wanted to do next. Good for him!

Reps probably wouldn't have a superior knowledge on screenwriting than this guy, so they probably leave it up to him. The best thing they can do is just to believe in him and committed to helping him get his projects done. There are countless stories of agents or managers telling a writer that their stuff doesn't work and then the writer going out and proving them wrong. I can see the dilemma they face.

Comment

Working...
                  X