Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maybe I'm Just Not Talented Enough...

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
    LOL. No worries. I can take a joke! That's the only way I can make it through this bullshiz!

Idk... any day now.

I'ma glom onto everyone's script as producer (kidding).

So I guess you gave up on making your own movie pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
      So I guess you gave up on making your own movie pretty quickly.
      Not necessarily. I can't make a movie in a couple weeks. ;-)
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Not necessarily. I can’t make a movie in a couple weeks. ;-)

True dat. I just meant, don't become a rep, make a movie instead

Comment

True dat. I just meant, don't become a rep, make a movie instead
          Ahhh... yeah, that would be giving up, wouldn't it.

This biz is so goddamn HARD! Lol

Comment

I don't know who, but people on twitter said someone is charging like over $1000 for a screenwriting university course or some crap... so screw it.

Gucci just start teaching a course for 200 bucks and just tell everyone your insider stories in conference halls across America.... why the F not?

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              I don't know who, but people on twitter said someone is charging like over $1000 for a screenwriting university course or some crap... so screw it.

Gucci just start teaching a course for 200 bucks and just tell everyone your insider stories in conference halls across America.... why the F not?

I'd say script coverage is where the money's at. All you have to do is read through these forums to realize that. The amount of money desperate writers are willing to pay for validation from someone with zero power is absolutely mind-blowing.

Comment

There are a billion script readers. Only a few that can actually charge those high rates. Better to be a career coach. You barely have to read any scripts. Don't even have to pass along your clients scripts. Charge 3 times the rate to nervous writers to tell them what to do (like branding). And the profession is so vague, no one actually knows what you do.

Comment

I'd say script coverage is where the money's at. All you have to do is read through these forums to realize that. The amount of money desperate writers are willing to pay for validation from someone with zero power is absolutely mind-blowing.
                  So true. Desperatation is one of the greatest things businesses use to their advantage. Skin care creams or magical elixirs that promise fountain of youth. Supplements that can make you lose weight overnight. People will do anything to try and achieve their dreams.

Comment

Ha! I'll become the Tony Robbins (Robert McKee?) of screenwriting: "Bruh, Gucci, you ever had anything MADE?" Lemme think? (QUICKLY) Nope!... fukkin NOTHIN, but ignore that fact and hand me your checkbook! Hurry, before you miss out on this ***ONCE IN'A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY***

CUT TO: Convertible Bentley driving down Sunset. Me throwing fists full of cash at hookers and millennials selling blow (and the homeless... I'm not a d!ck). You may be onto something!

But, yeah, it's nutz the LIFE COACHES, eh? Fukk do they do? I follow one as a case study in human desperation. She's so goddamn desperate herself. The whole thing is ICK! It's this weird world of circular desperation. It should be a fukkin TV show! Swear to god...

Comment

Hurry, before you miss out on this ***ONCE IN'A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY***
                      *For just six easy payments of $49.99, you'll gain access into the mind of Tony Diggs, one of the world's premier screenwriting coaches, for six full months! You won't be able to send him your script, but he will answer any questions on any screenwriting related topic you may have within 48 hours!**

Comment

Originally posted by Vango View Post
                        *For just six easy payments of $49.99, you'll gain access into the mind of Tony Diggs, one of the world's premier screenwriting coaches, for six full months! You won't be able to send him your script, but he will answer any questions on any screenwriting related topic you may have within 48 hours!**
                        Ha! Right?

Th chick I follow is worse tho. Zero practical industry experience save for graphic design for some shows... That is a million miles away from writing, directing, acting. Nor is it anywhere in the stratosphere of being a decision maker (obviously). Yet, she charges $3500 for her "courses." DUDE WHAT??? "You can't be afraid to make an investment in your DREAMS!!!" ICK!

Her clientele is mostly wanna be actors, most of which who seem as though they've never taken an acting class in their life and have no business acting. Her testimonials are littered with "After taking ____'s course I got an audition! So excited! Believe in your dreams and they'll come true!" BARF! As a "leading success coach" these are your fanciest testimonials and you live in some sh!tty apartment? Utterly fascinating that anyone would give this "success coach" a dime.

Comment

I remember now I went for an interview for a job of this lady guru who just sold her screenwriting book because she couldn't write herself and she asked me my sign. And at that moment I knew I wanted out so pretty sure I said : no idea I don't believe in that crap. I didn't get the job. But I felt good.

Comment

I remember now I went for an interview for a job of this lady guru who just sold her screenwriting book because she couldn't write herself and she asked me my sign. And at that moment I knew I wanted out so pretty sure I said : no idea I don't believe in that crap. I didn't get the job. But I felt good.
                            Ha! Nice move.

Yeah, I can picture these gurus holding crystals over your head and chanting affirmations. "Bruh, fukk are you doing? Get that crystal outta my face. This is what I paid $3500 for?"

Comment

Ha! Right?

Th chick I follow is worse tho. Zero practical industry experience save for graphic design for some shows... That is a million miles away from writing, directing, acting. Nor is it anywhere in the stratosphere of being a decision maker (obviously). Yet, she charges $3500 for her "courses." DUDE WHAT??? "You can't be afraid to make an investment in your DREAMS!!!" ICK!

Her clientele is mostly wanna be actors, most of which who seem as though they've never taken an acting class in their life and have no business acting. Her testimonials are littered with "After taking ____'s course I got an audition! So excited! Believe in your dreams and they'll come true!" BARF! As a "leading success coach" these are your fanciest testimonials and you live in some sh!tty apartment? Utterly fascinating that anyone would give this "success coach" a dime.

Comment

Working...
                              X