Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited)

In Jan, I wanted to finish the scene work on my latest script. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Hardly made any progress. Still have a lot of work to do on this, so I'll be writing along with you guys!

I want to finish this & enter it in the Nicholl.

It's an action/adv set in the Middle Ages.

Good luck to everyone!

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Awesome. Welcome, Stvnlra.
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

How's the planning and pagecount/progress going, folks? Nosy people demand to know!

Comment

I've got 26 pages done and I'm on target to finish this script.

Karen

PS: When will the "rewrite" exercise begin?

Comment

Meddling Scottish Troll

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
            How's the planning and pagecount/progress going, folks? Nosy people demand to know!
            Pagecount be damned!

Only 7 pages, now. I'll blame that on some 60 hours at work, (this past week), as well as arranging the purchase of an aerial drone, (with a Hoverfly GPS board, too), for my filming in a few months.

A couple of days ago, I did figure out the perfect solution to a problem faced by my protagonist's allies, (laughed out loud for a few minutes); and, I transcribed a tune that would be fitting for a series of shots with my protag, (celesta), and two of his allies, (glockenspiel and harp), transcribed from Johann Strauss Jr.'s No. 247:

http://www.resologist.net/Perpeteum%20Mobile.mid

Glad to get that tune out of the way, so I can resume the regular screenwriting.

And..., would that count as 12 pages? No, I suppose not. Back to the screenwriting....
            JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by KarenShoe View Post
              I've got 26 pages done and I'm on target to finish this script.

Karen

PS: When will the "rewrite" exercise begin?
              Good question about the ever important rewrite phase...

Anyway...

I am on page 20.

I changed my mind again on my script. Finally settled on a Bollywood Romance.

Now if this damn day job wouldn't get in the way, I would have been so much further ahead.
              Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

My day job is ruining my writing time...I'm trying to make up for it during the train ride in and home.

At about page 12, but more improtantly I know where I'm going with this.

Comment

I'm on page 20. Not really happy with it, but I'm just going to get to the end and then go back and fix those things later.

Comment

Hey, fellow ScriptFever Writing Exercise Writers!

How about a report?

This is sort of the half-way point and I am sort of half-way.

45 pages done. 45 to go. 90 is good enough for a first draft, right?

Karen

Comment

I crossed 50. But since I am jumping around my outline. It could be a bit more.

Yes, 90 is good. Really, it's what ever you are happy with (or can at least settle for).

cmmora

Comment

I've rewritten the beginning several times. Not really happy with it, but it's what they want. I'm on page 30. Not worried about it because I know where it's going. So it's all good.

Comment

I'm not a pro.

I'll read your scripts. I can't get back fast with any notes though.

Send them too:

[email protected]

Thanks

Good Luck
                          TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

I'm at about pg 40.

I'm making steady, if not spectacular, progress. I have most of the action/dialogue in the 2nd half roughed out, so once I reach pg 60 or so it should go quicker.

I'm shooting for 90 pgs in this exercise. I expect the whole script, when finished, to be closer to 120.

Good luck everyone and keep at it!

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

I'm a-thinkin' the lack of progress reports here is down to the fact everyone is writing like the wind! Ride on, and good luck!

Comment

ScriptFever Writing Exercise

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
                                I'm a-thinkin' the lack of progress reports here is down to the fact everyone is writing like the wind! Ride on, and good luck!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyLW5LzI_-I

The next two days may be my first "days off" since December, and I had expected a few more this past month. I'll not complete this exercise by the end of February, but I've gotten a lot of work done that'll probably result in a finished screenplay in March or early April, (instead of some wild dream waiting to get written down).
                                JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X