Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sales package

Hey all – I'm getting quite confused about what the best way to get an idea out is.

I have never sold TV but I have a rep and I feel like I spend a lot of my time coming up with long proposal docs [or pitch docs] just to see if she is on board.

Anybody have a similar experience?? I understand the need to test the waters commercially before committing to even more work, but I am worried of ending up with dozens of very long documents that are dead ends.

Regardless, I would love to hear from you guys on what you feel the best workflow would be assuming that an idea is really worth committing to.

Spec pilot? Pitch deck? Bible? Sizzle reel?

I'm also curious what the benefits and pitfalls of writing a pilot on spec as opposed to pitching a project would be. Does it come down to the fact that with the pitch the writer is selling the idea in order to write the pilot? As opposed to writing the pilot on spec, which by its nature is a gamble that could lead to nowhere?

I question whether putting a pitch together (with supporting visual materials, say) is really less work than writing a spec pilot. To me it seems like it would be the opposite.
Working...
X