Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stagecoach: The Criterion Collection version

I was lucky to get it for half-price at Barnes and Noble ($20), since Criterion DVDs are, unfortunately, expensive. A group of strangers, all of different backgrounds, unite against bloody-thirsting Apaches while traveling in a stagecoach the Wild West and contracting their outer personalities.

Thomas Mitchell (won an Oscar), Andy Devine, George Bancroft and Donald Meek will make you chuckle; Claire Trevor's the kind of lady who you want to hug, kiss and marry and you can't forget John Wayne. Directed by John Ford.

www.criterion.com

Now, if only Criterion would put Sam Peckinpah's "Straw Dogs" back to print...
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Stagecoach: The Criterion Collection version

I was going to post about this sale. I almost spent all my A/C money on Criterion.
    Last edited by NatachaVonBraun; 07-16-2010, 07:21 PM.
    Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Orson Welles said everything he learned about filmmaking he learned from watching Stagecoach.
      Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by NatachaVonBraun View Post
        I was going to post about this sale. I almost spend all my A/C money on Criterion.

Thank God B&N's doing it. Not every movie fan makes a six-figure salary. Other than Stagecoach, I got the Criterion version of Kevin Smith's "Chasing Amy" (odd it would get one, but I love Kevin).

Only three I've rented: Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai" (also on my list with "Dogs" and other Kurosawa works), Preston Sturges's "Unfaithfully Yours" (I remember seeing when I was a little boy) and Wes Anderson's "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" (love Bill Murray).
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Deep Discount DVD also has a yearly Criterion sale.
          Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Amazon usually has better prices than Deep Discount.
            Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by JRS3 View Post
              Amazon usually has better prices than Deep Discount.
              I know. You've told me a ga zillion times.

Comment

Working...
              X