Most Anticipated Film Of Fall/Winter 2015?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Anticipated Film Of Fall/Winter 2015?

Your pick?

Edited to add: Aside from STAR WARS? :-)
    Last edited by roscoegino; 09-08-2015, 09:57 PM.
    "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
    - Screenwriting Friend

Re: Most Anticipated Film Of Fall/Winter 2015?

I believe there's a little space opera debuting coming out in December. Not really sure if it's a limited release date or not. It's got some good advance buzz though, so hopefully it's able to build an audience towards its opening weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by redturtle View Post
      I believe there's a little space opera debuting coming out in December. Not really sure if it's a limited release date or not. It's got some good advance buzz though, so hopefully it's able to build an audience towards its opening weekend.
      And I think this concludes the thread. Thanks for stopping by!

Comment

THE REVENANT for me.

It's Iñárritu's first big budget, commercial film. It's his follow up to a masterpiece. And the production has been a horror show, ala APOCALYPSE NOW. So I'm very interested to see how it all turns out. Hopefully for the best.

This actually looks like a pretty great upcoming season though, so there's lots of good options. I'm sure STAR WARS will win the box office and THE HATEFUL EIGHT will win the critical buzz. Johnny Depp in BLACK MASS. Etc. Etc.

Comment

I read an early draft of OUR BRAND IS CRISIS and it was OK, but that was before Sandra Bullock was attached and it was re-worked in development. I'm waiting to see what they've done with it.

R.O.T.

Comment

I'm of that weird movie going variety who does not foam at the mouth for sci-fi fantasy. My anticipated films are SPECTRE, THE HATEFUL EIGHT, and JOBS.
            "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
            -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
              I read an early draft of OUR BRAND IS CRISIS and it was OK, but that was before Sandra Bullock was attached and it was re-worked in development. I'm waiting to see what they've done with it.

R.O.T.
              I caught the trailer, liked what I saw, and will likely watch. There's been countless times when I watch Sandra in a dramatic film still expecting jokes. But her acting has gotten better. She seemed so hammy in CRASH.
              "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
              - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Beasts of No Nation.

Comment

Sicario. I'm hearing the film is up there with Traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by juunit View Post

THE REVENANT for me.
                    From Inmdb --

"Trivia: Shot chronologically on a 80-days schedule that takes place over a total principal-photography-time-period of 9 months. This unusually long production time is due to the cold weather conditions, the remoteness of the locations and director Alejandro González Iñárritu's and cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki's aesthetic plan to shoot only with natural light for maximum realism. Only a few shooting hours are available every day and have to be carefully planned in advance..."

Only a few shooting hours per day? Natural light?!! Holy crap.

I'm looking forward to Sicario and Jobs.

Comment

I'm pretty excited for THE MARTIAN.

Comment

For me it would be IN THE HEART OF THE SEA, or THE REVENANT. Not knowing nearly enough about either film it's impossible for me to pick "the one".

Honorable mention, just because it's Spielberg: BRIDGE OF SPIES.

Not so honorable mention: THE SEA OF TREES. Can you guys tell me whether it's going to be released in 2015? I'd like to see for myself whether it's really that bad.
                        Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Bone Tomahawk. The writer and director is such a force, I can't wait to see what he can do.
                          Mississippi Grind. This looks like an honest and good gamling film.
                          Trumbo. I love this story, and i love old hollywood. It looks pretty good.
                          Macbeth. The trailer is so good that this must be good.

Comment

after the recent festivals, Spotlight and Truth are top of my award seasons list. Carol and Brooklyn a little less so

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                              From Inmdb --

"Trivia: Shot chronologically on a 80-days schedule that takes place over a total principal-photography-time-period of 9 months. This unusually long production time is due to the cold weather conditions, the remoteness of the locations and director Alejandro González Iñárritu's and cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki's aesthetic plan to shoot only with natural light for maximum realism. Only a few shooting hours are available every day and have to be carefully planned in advance..."

Only a few shooting hours per day? Natural light?!! Holy crap.
                              That doesn't mention that it was -40 a lot of the time. And apparently there's one scene where they had to drag one of the actors across the frozen ground, while naked. And they really did it.

Poor guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X