X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LA Agents: The Bumper list of Boutiques

yup, filmtracker.com "infosource".
    The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Thanks for the links, guys!

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Broughcut, this might end up being the most important thread on the site for us spec writers. Thanks a ton.

And thanks to those who've added details and links. You rock.

Success,

InDeep
        Many men, perhaps even most, are unhappy in their souls. We burn so hard but shed so little light it makes us crazy and sad. - CLIVE BARKER

Comment

Why isn't Jon Klane mentioned?

Comment

STVNLRA -- Checkout IMDBPro they have a client list attached to all of the agency and managment firm listings. I'm not sure if the regular (Free) IMDB has that option.

Comment

How's MTA doing these days? Heard they were going through some changes. Is Ryan Saul still with them? Does he represent feature screenwriters?

Thanks,

Scrpts
              scrpts

"An Associate Producer in Hollywood is the only guy who will associate with a Producer." - Fred Allen

Comment

Originally posted by scrpts View Post
                How's MTA doing these days? Heard they were going through some changes. Is Ryan Saul still with them? Does he represent feature screenwriters?

Thanks,

Scrpts
                Ryan is gone, I can't remember where he went. MTA is down to 3-4 people, go elsewhere.

Comment

Ryan is at APA now.

Comment

Dino Carlaftes of MTA appears to be at KSGB now. And I know Jennifer Good left MTA a bit back, but I'm not sure where she ended up.
                    The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Jen Good is now at The Alpern Group.

Comment

I have 40 envelopes, 40 stamps and 40 postcards for replies. Which 40 agents/managers should I send query letters to to see if they want to read my unsolicited screenplay? It's a raunchy sex-comedy with heart, the closest thing I can think of out there like it is "Knocked Up." PLEASE HELP!! Thanks in advance...

Comment

These are the numbers from my perspective. In the the last 10 days I have sent about 400 queries for my unsolicited "raunchy comedy with heart". 9 requests to read so far.

So, doing the math....unless you have the most kick-ass query letter of all time, you might get 1 or 2 hits on 40 letters. I suggest you open it up and query hundreds of managers and agents. Do some research and query everyone you can. You need to play the numbers and cast a wide net.

Comment

I suggest saving your stamps and envelopes and using email to query. If you search the DDP board, you'll find numerous posts on this subject as well as examples of efficient e-queries. IMHO, equeries should be short, cordial, and to the point.

if you want email addresses of managers/agents, again you can search this board, search the interweb, and if sign up with IMDB-Pro. I think they have a 2 week trial as well.

best of luck
                            -Matt

Originally posted by scottymocap View Post
                            I have 40 envelopes, 40 stamps and 40 postcards for replies. Which 40 agents/managers should I send query letters to to see if they want to read my unsolicited screenplay? It's a raunchy sex-comedy with heart, the closest thing I can think of out there like it is "Knocked Up." PLEASE HELP!! Thanks in advance...
                            If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Yeah..forgot to mention that. Mine were all e-queries. Email is the way to go so as to not cost a fortune and increase your response odds.

Comment

Thanks!! I'll send emails instead. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
                                Last edited by scottymocap; 05-19-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X