Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
JeffLowell

Default Re: WGA Signatories List (It's a small list).

Search for "signatory companies.". It was last published during the most recent strike.

But I don't see the value in it, unless I'm missing something...
JeffLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
catcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
...Might need to write them and ask directly.
Tried that many months ago; never got a response, probably because I'm not a member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffLowell View Post
Search for "signatory companies.". It was last published during the most recent strike.

But I don't see the value in it, unless I'm missing something...
Had searched under "signatory" and got 10 pages of hits; this got 3 pages, thanks. Among the hits was a list of the "struck" companies, which I'd seen before, and the following list for 2004:

http://www.wga.org/uploadedFiles/wri...BA04-Part1.pdf

Some of the companies are also in the 2007 list in the OP, so they're probably repeats, too.

I'd also tried the Assoc. of Mot Pic Producers but it was restricted, too.

Anyway, as for my rationale, it would be my "presumption" that querying these companies would be a surer way to get properly and fairly treated, or that at least the jumping off point will be business-like.

That won't stop me from querying almost everybody, though. While it'll be my attorney who'll do the talking for me, if I ever do a deal with a non-signatory I'll always expect signatory behavior.

My prepared line is "well, if you want to play with the big boys, you'll have to pay like 'em".
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
Hamboogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcon View Post
Anyway, as for my rationale, it would be my "presumption" that querying these companies would be a surer way to get properly and fairly treated, or that at least the jumping off point will be business-like.

That won't stop me from querying almost everybody, though. While it'll be my attorney who'll do the talking for me, if I ever do a deal with a non-signatory I'll always expect signatory behavior.

My prepared line is "well, if you want to play with the big boys, you'll have to pay like 'em".
I think this is a leap of logic that's not entirely accurate. Being a signatory and being treated properly and fairly treated are two separate concepts.

The best way to get treated with respect is to write a great script that they are dying to make. That's true regardless of your WGA membership or their signatory status.
Hamboogul is offline   Reply With Quote