Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn: broughcut & uk godard/stones lovers

today's sunday times has a free dvd of *sympathy for the devil*. i'll let brough (or whoever) pass judgement on its place in jean-luc's canon, but for stones fans, there's some fascinating footage of the title song evolving in the studio.
    "I blame Le Kilt. If the hot or not thread is anything to go by, we all assumed areola were against the rules. It's a slippery nipple, um, slope." - BROUGHCUT

Re: attn: broughcut & uk godard/stones lovers

On a slightly similar note, Mail on Sunday has a CD from the reformed Stranglers with 10 oldie tracks (including 5 Minutes, my college nostalgia song, mysteriously not included on the Greatest Hits CD) plus 4 new tracks software-linked to an online site. After Jean-Jacques Burnell said on TV that he'd never play again!

-Derek
    My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings.
    Stop reading this and get some writing done instead.

Comment

yeah, derek, i saw that too, but i've given up on free cd's after getting my fingers burnt too many times buying the paper just for the cd, only to find that it's some crap re-recorded version of a classic song, or an awful live version. (by far the worst case of this was deep purple's *smoke on the water* which was both live & orchestral!!!). has hugh cornwell rejoined too, or is it still the guy who replaced him? i heard the new album they brought out a few years ago (sans cornwell) that got some good reviews, but it didn't really cut it for me.
      "I blame Le Kilt. If the hot or not thread is anything to go by, we all assumed areola were against the rules. It's a slippery nipple, um, slope." - BROUGHCUT

Comment

Know what you mean about the free CDs, I have wobbling stack of 'em, maybe 1 or 2 good tracks on each if you're lucky but that's what audiograbber is for, mp3s rule. Hugh Cornwell's still doing his own thing (see www.hughcornwell.com if curious) while Baz Warne (long history in the biz) is on vocals and guitar. From what I'm hearing they're making a pretty decent job of original Stranglers music and also adding new tunes which ain't bad, even the live tracks come across well, tho' of course any '70s Stranglers fan will tell you they don't compare with the original band, how could they? I've gone into complete nostalgia mode, dusting off my old albums, marvelling at the ambidextrous keyboards and the roughest deepest bass strings of the era, I'll probably Freecorder them into mp3s for my laptop and play macho air guitar all week, wanker that I am.

-Derek
        My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings.
        Stop reading this and get some writing done instead.

Comment

I'll probably Freecorder them into mp3s for my laptop and play macho air guitar all week

no doubt then you can feel my pain over that deep purple fiasco.

Comment

Working...
          X