No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin notification timeline

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
    Nope. I'm in the same boat. Ironically, this year some of the general panels have the same or better info. Not so in the past. I feel so special (rolls eyes...).
    Did you send a wait-list email? I just found out they have a spot for me at the Friday session.
    "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Got a letter in the mail a couple of days ago. So there may still be some on the way.

Comment

My spec made second round. Is this a big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by sidgrey View Post
          i forget the exact cutoff but Second Round at AFF has translated roughly to Top 10% of entrants.

Comment

Originally posted by sidgrey View Post
            It's a sign you're on the right track, but no, it's not really a big deal.

Especially with a spec, which has almost no utility to potential reps.

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
            i forget the exact cutoff but Second Round at AFF has translated roughly to Top 10% of entrants.
            That was correct a couple of years ago, but this year the 2nd round was Top 15%.

Comment

congrats to all who made it... I'm out... Time to hit trackingb's final feature deadline...

Comment

Originally posted by Willoughby View Post
                Anyone have any luck registering for the Second Rounder round table sessions?

By the time I tried (about 10:15) they were both already full.
                I was on the site when it opened and got a 404 error. Reloaded and instantly got the message that everything was full. Literally less than 30 seconds.

I sent a strongly worded email expressing my displeasure.

I enjoy Austin, this will be my fifth year, but they have too many attendees for the events and the venues. It's a great vibe, I always learn a lot, meet great folks and have a blast. But every year I miss sessions because it's too packed to get in.

It sucks to spend a ton on a full tilt badge and not be able to get into sessions.

Comment

This will be my 12th or 13th year, and it was never that way before. I'm not sure what has happened -- maybe it has had more attention from Scriptnotes, or maybe just more people are writing screenplays now.

For those who are on the fence, I can say that you WILL get into AMAZING panels. It's only the roundtables and the script-to-screen things that you need to sign up for in advance. In the past few years, there have begun to be lines to get into the Driskill Ballroom and other large rooms. But there are so many great panels all going on at once that you'll get into something you want to see.

(I sort of worry for them -- SXSW got so big and crowded that it truly was difficult to get into films or panels even with the full badge. AFF is nothing like that, and is still lots of fun... Just be aware that Saturday and Sunday are the most crowded days, and plan accordingly.)

Comment

Best days are wed night-through Friday. Sunday peters out after twelve, *but Sat is god awful.* It's like Disneyland on the busiest day of the summer. Not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Holmes View Post
                      I was on the site when it opened and got a 404 error. Reloaded and instantly got the message that everything was full. Literally less than 30 seconds.

I sent a strongly worded email expressing my displeasure.

I enjoy Austin, this will be my fifth year, but they have too many attendees for the events and the venues. It's a great vibe, I always learn a lot, meet great folks and have a blast. But every year I miss sessions because it's too packed to get in.

It sucks to spend a ton on a full tilt badge and not be able to get into sessions.
                      And this. Especially Saturday, being pushed out by people with cheapo badges wanting access. This thing is so over-sold now, it's flat out money-grubbing rude to not guarantee panel access with a producer badge.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                        Best days are wed night-through Friday. Sunday peters out after twelve, *but Sat is god awful.* It's like Disneyland on the busiest day of the summer. Not fun.

Disneyland (or World) is always fun, even if it's crowded. You just have to hit the Pirate ride and Haunted Mansion during the parade and maybe skip the new Toy Story ride. Along those lines, (ha!) Saturday is an excellent day for sleeping in, eating a great lunch, visiting friends and shopping on South Congress.

Comment

Working...
                        X