X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Managers -- What Is and Is Not An Ideal Relationship

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
    Staunchly disagree on 2 of those.
    Would love to know which two. One of that group recently reached out about a script of mine, and I'm not sure whether or not to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
      Would love to know which two. One of that group recently reached out about a script of mine, and I'm not sure whether or not to proceed.
      Now I'm curious who reached out to you. Feel free to PM name if you're so inclined.
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

I'd feel confident in handicapping which two. 😆

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
          PM me if you want to know more about these guys.

Cool. Thanks. I will.

Comment

Can you let me know which two? Obviously, I prefer some over others. And the others are just backup. I don't think I"ll get my top preferences. I have a guess as to which two.

Comment

I'm kind of curious too on which group reached out to you. PM if you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
                I do as well. Wonder if they're the same two?

A group PM is a great idea.
                i'd like to be in that group.
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                  See. Always listen to someone with expensive eye wear. You do know a lot. I'll take your advice under advisement.

From the sound of things, I don't think I am as well connected as you. Mine are probably more superficial type connections or people who I haven't talk to in a while (like I knew them back when I wasn't pursuing screenwriting...and didn't foresee that I'd need them as a contact). Hence, looking to these top contests to legitimize me. I really do not know much about Nicholl. And from the looks of their loglines, I have no clue how to write their favored style of scripts. But, I've been pretty happy with the other top contests mentioned in this thread. Usually the judges and organizers are pretty darn cool.
                  IDK if I'm connected or not. Swear to god. Maybe I am, I honestly don't know where I stand at this point. No bullish!t.

Ahhh... Well in that case, fukk it, go for broke. Skip the ones that ain't right and focus on the legit ones that seem right for you (IMO), while also selling your wares yourself 'feet to ground'.

I truly believe you HAVE to also learn how to be a salesman in this biz AS a writer. I used to hate that part, but now it's my favorite part. Cool... I don't have to write? I can just bulls!t? GREAT! LOL.

IDK... for me, once I did a meeting with a super-star producer, and killed it (Not my words. His. called my rep on my way home with "One of the best meetings I've ever had.") No bullsh!t, this was at SoHo House, Chris Hemsworth was seated at the next table over. I'm like, "Fukk outta here, this is nutz, who the hell do I think I am playing in this arena? But fukk it, I'ma KILL THIS!" After that, I'm not afraid anymore. I don't give a fukk WHO I'm talking to, I'ma kill it! EVERY... TIME!

...All I need is a meeting. I think that's the attitude you gotta walk in with "Let's do grown up business, but fukk it, let's also have fun, otherwise what's the point?"

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                    I'm kind of curious too on which group reached out to you. PM if you don't mind.
                    Done

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                      i'd like to be in that group.
                      Me, too.

I know it says 'New User' under my name, but I've actually been here a while. I had a different name for a while, too, but it was (very unfortunately) Cosby related so I needed to change it for obvious reasons...

Comment

Done
                        Can you hit me with that as well, PM. Curious. Thanks!

Likewise, I used to be here under a different name.

Comment

I have to say there is no perfect manager and the same manager who one person loves, someone else hates.

I was with legit managers and it did not work out for me. And others would swear by them. And others you'd say are sh%t, but maybe doing it for other clients.

Just keep in mind, it's not buying a car or stereo. It's not always the same Paul manager or Paula agent working for you. It's all case by case, person to person.

Keep that in mind. I think people lose site of that. I did!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                            IDK if I'm connected or not. Swear to god. Maybe I am, I honestly don't know where I stand at this point. No bullish!t.

Ahhh... Well in that case, fukk it, go for broke. Skip the ones that ain't right and focus on the legit ones that seem right for you (IMO), while also selling your wares yourself 'feet to ground'.

I truly believe you HAVE to also learn how to be a salesman in this biz AS a writer. I used to hate that part, but now it's my favorite part. Cool... I don't have to write? I can just bulls!t? GREAT! LOL.

IDK... for me, once I did a meeting with a super-star producer, and killed it (Not my words. His. called my rep on my way home with "One of the best meetings I've ever had.") No bullsh!t, this was at SoHo House, Chris Hemsworth was seated at the next table over. I'm like, "Fukk outta here, this is nutz, who the hell do I think I am playing in this arena? But fukk it, I'ma KILL THIS!" After that, I'm not afraid anymore. I don't give a fukk WHO I'm talking to, I'ma kill it! EVERY... TIME!

...All I need is a meeting. I think that's the attitude you gotta walk in with "Let's do grown up business, but fukk it, let's also have fun, otherwise what's the point?"

I don't know. You seem pretty Hollywood entrenched to me. I am more comfortable writing. I enjoy talking to people, but I hate schmoozing with an agenda. It makes me feel tense. I think I'd enjoy the Hollywood meeting because that's more one on one. But, what do you advise a writer to do before they have the power of CAA or some agency behind them to send them to those meetings. How do you hustle before that time?

Comment

Me, too.

I know it says 'New User' under my name, but I've actually been here a while. I had a different name for a while, too, but it was (very unfortunately) Cosby related so I needed to change it for obvious reasons...

Did it have anything to do with Jello Pudding pops? I swear I haven't touched Jello pudding since. Nor Subway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                                I have to say there is no perfect manager and the same manager who one person loves, someone else hates.

I was with legit managers and it did not work out for me. And others would swear by them. And others you'd say are sh%t, but maybe doing it for other clients.

Just keep in mind, it's not buying a car or stereo. It's not always the same Paul manager or Paula agent working for you. It's all case by case, person to person.

Keep that in mind. I think people lose site of that. I did!

Ah, but I just want to find that manager that sweeps me off my feet, whisper sweet nothings in my ear that it will all be ok, then make my dreams come true.

Comment

Working...
                                X