No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This release look okay?

First one I've had to sigh.

I understand that many ideas, treatments, scripts, outlines and other literary and/ordramatic and/or music material (“material”) submitted to you may bear similarity to material previously used or submitted or already under consideration by you. I further understand that you must protect yourself against any unwarranted claims by refusing to examine any material unless you are assured that you shall have the unqualified right to finally determine whether such material or any part thereof is in fact used by you or your successors, assignees or licensees, and what compensation or other consideration, if any, will be paid for such use.

I am submitting material to you herewith. I hereby irrevocably waive, release and relinquish any and all claims which I or any person, firm or corporation acting on my behalf may now or hereafter have against you, your successors, assignees and licensees, and your and their respective officers, employees and representatives, for any use or alleged use that you or your successors, assignees or licensees may make of this material.

I expressly agree that your decision as to whether you or your successors, assignees or licensees have used all or any part of this material and as to the compensation or other consideration, if any, which should be paid to me therefore, shall be conclusive and binding upon me and all persons, firms and corporations acting on my behalf. I further understand and agree that you are not responsible for the return of any material submitted and I acknowledge that I have retained a duplicate copy of such material in my possession.
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM. Reason: Fixed formatting

Re: This release look okay?

If you are submitting something you shouldn't be sending the release. They should send one to you. It's for their protection so they should be responsible for providing one.

Also, we have four examples of releases on our main site which are actual releases used by companies & written by lawyers. You are more than welcome to use one of those if you really feel the need to, but again they should send you the release not the other way around.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
      If you are submitting something you shouldn't be sending the release. They should send one to you. It's for their protection so they should be responsible for providing one.

Also, we have four examples of releases on our main site which are actual releases used by companies & written by lawyers. You are more than welcome to use one of those if you really feel the need to, but again they should send you the release not the other way around.
      well I have to sign it and send it back. As far as what I've seen this looks pretty typical, just wanted another set of eyes. This is one provided by Ensemble.

Comment

Most of it looks standard. You promise not to sue over stuff they release that might be similar to yours, you waive the right to indemnify, they won't be returning your stuff so make sure you have copies because they won't be responsible for that either...

But the first sentence of the last paragraph is some crazy moon language to me. As many times as I wade ****-deep through legalese, they always lose me at the run-on sentences. It APPEARS to just be a complex way of saying they're allowed to read it and pass on it, but don't hold me to that.

If that's the case, it looks pretty standard to me. But if nobody comes out with a definite yes, I'd pass it by an attorney real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by mixj View Post
          well I have to sign it and send it back. As far as what I've seen this looks pretty typical, just wanted another set of eyes. This is one provided by Ensemble.
          Oh, I see. First one you had to SIGN. I thought you were "sigh"ing at having to put one together. Noting that someone sent it to you, who they are, etc. definitely helps in terms of clarity and all.
          Will
          Done Deal Pro
          www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
            Oh, I see. First one you had to SIGN. I thought you were "sigh"ing at having to put one together. Noting that someone sent it to you, who they are, etc. definitely helps in terms of clarity and all.
            Sorry for the typo.

Comment

Originally posted by mixj View Post
              Sorry for the typo.
              That's all right. You can easily fix but clicking on the EDIT button in the bottom right corner and update/correct as need be at any time.
              Will
              Done Deal Pro
              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
              X