No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me thinks...

Four bucks????

Man, you guys are pricing yourselves out of existence, my goodness, you could get almost 3 gallons of gas for that!

Thanks. The question was slightly a prod, much as your answer, because indeed, I have been exposed to the "film sequence" approach, dividing chronologically.

Look forward to the talk.

REMb

Comment

William Martell

Mr. Martell, will people be able to meet you, shake your hand and maybe get a picture taken? Or is that an expo "no,no"

Comment

Expo

Should I bring along screenplays or have them on disk or leave them at home? This will be my first expo and I can just see myself dropping my screenplays and watching them float away...

Comment

Answers

Justinpz:

Here's a quote from the "Seminars & Workshops" page of the www.screenwritingexpo.com site (or just click on the banner at the top of this page):

"Bring Copies of Your Screenplays

"Make sure that you bring copies of your screenplays to the Expo for use in workshops. And who knows, maybe you'll win the Creative Screenwriting Open and need copies on hand to give to the agents and managers present. But remember, don't bring your only copy of a script, and make certain that you register any scripts you're going to bring with the WGA." [or Library of Congress, Copyright Office]

As for Bill? Well, I don't know about pictures (I suspect he wouldn't mind ... might even be pleased ... but then, these writers of action movies are a strange lot). But as for meeting and greeting him, here's this from his post above in this thread:

"When I'm *not* teaching classes I'll probably be at the Scr(I)pt Magazine table hawking subscriptions and autographing copies of my book. Stop by and say hi."

Hope you enjoy the Expo.

Jeff Newman
          groups.yahoo.com/group/St...Newsletter
          (free)

Comment

Answers

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Ordering On-Line?

Anyone else having problems ordering classes via the website? Been getting timed out for the last 30mins....

Comment

signing up for classes

I signed up last week (but had no problems when I did so).

Comment

Re: signing up for classes

I've been to one of Bill's seminars. Bill smart.

But if you want your picture taken with him, bring an orange crate to stand on. Bill's a big guy.

Comment

I signed up awhile ago, and had no problems. Could be the ol' internet.

Should be fun. I've signed up for only 4 so far, but might do more.

Can't wait to see the trade show. (Like I need to spend cash, right?)

Comment

Correction on-line ordering is fine, amex wasn't suitable till next week...anyway...

Looks like there's a hockey game in town during the Con, anyone want to go?

Comment

Bill M -

If I bring my SECRETS OF ACTION SCREENWRITING book will you sign it? Please-please!

Comment

Since I admitted to Austin, I might as well mention that I'll be at the Expo as well doing a seminar on formatting, one on a writer's checklist and something on the Nicholl competition.

Plus I'll be sitting on a reading panel with my wife Joanne Lammers and her script nanny partner Kathy McCullough. I think they're also presenting two other seminars as a duo.

As far as I know, Erik Bauer has not asembled an overall competition panel, but it would be interesting (and relatively easy, I think) to put together a group representing such contests as Nicholl, Chesterfield, Disney, Sundance, Final Draft, CineStory, etc.

Comment

I am going to the Screenwriting Expo.

My question is: what do you get for the $60 entry fee alone? I haven't yet signed up for anything additional. Will I be able to see the William Goldman and Shane Black lectures, or do these cost extra?

And what about the pitchfest? I hear you can make five pitches for $100. Do you need to sign up for this ahead of time too?

What needs to be signed up for, and what is included in the entry fee?

Thanks.

Comment

The $60 gets you:
                              -attendence to the Guest of Honor speakers
                              -all the panel discusssions
                              -subscription to Creative Screenwriting magazine
                              -eligibility for the door prizes - and some are very, very good but, you must stay through the closing ceremony

Signing up for the PitchFest is not available until Oct 1st when they're certain of who's coming. They're doing it online this year. It was a madhouse doing on-site last year.

Comment

Signing up for the PitchFest is not available until Oct 1st when they're certain of who's coming. They're doing it online this year. It was a madhouse doing on-site last year.

Madhouse is an understatement.

Comment

Working...
                                X