This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Do You Quit?

I've sold four specs (none produced), done six studio assignments, created a TV series (cancelled after twelve episodes) and made the Black List. Last two specs haven't sold, no assignment calls in six months, very dejected. Agents and manager aren't offering advice beyond love my new idea- go write it!

The question is: when do I just chuck it? I have enough money to live a few years. Do I keep at it or admit defeat? I dunno.

Re: When Do You Quit?

Depends. I would say if you're over 50, pack it in.

Comment

I say chuck it in when you don't want to do it anymore.

Six months without work is nothing compared to the rest of us peeps. But great stuff so far!

Comment

If a person or thing still has the power to hurt you, that means you're not done.

Write something totally unfamiliar to you.

Comment

Cry me a river.

I hate pu$$yish posts like this.

Do us all a favor and quit now.

Go spend your millions, big timer.
          "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

WWRRD my friend... What would Rex Ryan Do?

Comment

Here’s the deal. Your post is a total ego thing. What do you have to do? Post all your accomplishments to remind yourself of them? Wave them in the face of mostly amateurs (and even though I’ve been paid a couple bucks for my work I still consider myself an amateur because I’m non WGA) to make you feel better about your specs not selling?

You got people posting on this site who have been working at this thing for YEARS who would break their own thumbs to have your place at the table. Get over yourself and your whole crying in your beer routine. Nobody wants to hear it. Do what your reps say and write the next one. You know that’s what you have to do. You knew that before you started this thread.

Or take the advice of some anonymous dude (me) on an internet message board and go ahead and quit.

If the fire’s out to the point where you’re asking a bunch of anonymous internet people whether or not you should keep writing then you probably shouldn’t keep writing in my opinion. When do I quit? What the **** kinda question is that???!!!
              "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

My post was an absurd reply to an obvious troll.

If you're over 50 and still unsold, keep at it. A writer writes.

Comment

Typical mets fan.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
                    Typical mets fan.
                    Only funny post yet. If you don't want to be "amateurs" write fifteen scripts before you sell one like I did. I got in the guild through hard work- try it. You've inspired me to get back to work lest I spend all day on this board like certain other people. Thanks peeps.

Comment

I would pay money to see joe rock a baby to sleep.

Comment

You just seen it for free.

Comment

Bwahaha

Comment

When you need glasses.

When you don't want to write anymore.

I don't understand what anything in your post has to do with writing.

- Bill
                            Free Script Tips:
                            http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
                              You got people posting on this site who have been working at this thing for YEARS who would break their own thumbs to have your place at the table.
                              Ow!

Ow!

Comment

Working...
                              X