Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadmap Writers

Does anyone have experience with the company's pitching service. It sounds like Stage 32, but cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Roadmap Writers

Yes, cheaper and, in my opinion, better because of the much shorter response time back. And if the response is positive they already have the script or pilot to send immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
      Does anyone have experience with the company's pitching service. It sounds like Stage 32, but cheaper.

Thanks in advance.
      It's the same bunch, just eliminated the stage 32 middle man.

Comment

To bump this thread...

Anyone used their 'mentorship programme'?

They're pushing it heavily on email. Saying they've helped 17 writers get repped in the past few months.
        @hairingtons

Comment

No haven't used them. I don't have money to throw away.
          I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hearty, till freedom is opportune!

Comment

Roadmap Writers is a fantastic resource for writers. They offer a range of programs and services according to your budget and skill level to help you both hone your craft and get access. The highlight of the service is the "Top Tier" program, which you must be invited to join. It's not cheap, but the rewards can be great. About 50 writers have been signed to Agents or managers through this program. Plus, unlike some writing "services" that will bleed you dry, the stated goal of this program is to get you out of the program and on to your writing career. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CBerger View Post
              Roadmap Writers is a fantastic resource for writers. They offer a range of programs and services according to your budget and skill level to help you both hone your craft and get access. The highlight of the service is the "Top Tier" program, which you must be invited to join. It's not cheap, but the rewards can be great. About 50 writers have been signed to Agents or managers through this program. Plus, unlike some writing "services" that will bleed you dry, the stated goal of this program is to get you out of the program and on to your writing career. Can't recommend it highly enough.
              225 dollars for 2 pages of coverage isn't a good deal by anyone's standards.

Also, the website states that 49 writers got signed by "companies like..."
              And then it lists FOUR companies. Four companies signed 49 writers? Were they signed by THOSE companies or were they signed by companies LIKE those companies? It's unclear.

When you make things like a TOP TIER program, to the outside eye, that screams of a scam. You know, where desperate writers keep giving money after money hoping for access of some kind.

The Joey guy who heads the program is listed as having worked at Bold Films, which is fantastic. But then in an interview for Simply Scripts he says he was an assistant there. That's neither here nor there -- there's certainly no shame in being an assistant -- but again, to the outside eye, "worked at Bold Films" might be construed to many writers as having worked there as an executive or director of development. Which, again, could be deceiving.

Also, when you come to a website like this, and you only have two posts, and both of them are about how fantastic this program is, it is suspect. You say you "can't recommend it highly enough," but then you don't specify if you actually used it or if you did, what your outcome was?

So did you use it? What were your results?

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                Also, when you come to a website like this, and you only have two posts, and both of them are about how fantastic this program is, it is suspect. You say you "can't recommend it highly enough," but then you don't specify if you actually used it or if you did, what your outcome was?

So did you use it? What were your results?
                Agree completely. CBerger's comment sounds suspiciously like those of someone utilized to do damage control in light of that Hollywood Reporter article you posted yesterday -- the one on exploitative screenwriting services. Apparently the comments section is filled with disgruntled Roadmap Writers customers. It kinda reminds me of that one DDP commenter who pretty much only showed up here to defend TrackingB from its detractors -- the one who also happened to be a former finalist.

Us writers are smart enough to detect PR pieces when we see them : )
                "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
                  CBerger's comment sounds suspiciously like those of someone utilized to do damage control in light of that Hollywood Reporter article you posted yesterday -- the one on exploitative screenwriting services.
                  This is the article Up is referring to:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...edium=referral

This was a quote from that article, about Roadmap Writers:

"... Roadmap Writers is one of several companies that provides script analysis and other forms of counsel. Among its offerings are brief telephone consultations with executives who will read the first few pages of a screenplay and chat about it for 15 minutes at a cost of $45 (or $275 for a full hour). Among those offering their insight: two junior managers who have no clients listed on IMDb and a "development assistant- with an independent production company. (Roadmap CEO Joey Tuccio did not respond to a request for comment.)..."

*bolding is mine.

Comment

Multiply these social media tactics by ten million, and this is how you can even affect general elections. I don't know how anybody can be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                    X