Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manuscript Wish List

Too bad the film industry doesn't do what the publishing industry does: publish a list of what agents, editors, assistants and publishers want to see in their inbox... for free! Updated on a daily basis!

https://mswishlist.com/

Re: Manuscript Wish List

"the same but different"

nobody knows what they really want until they see it

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
      "the same but different"

nobody knows what they really want until they see it
      Perhaps, but it is really useful to know who's looking for what. In their own words. And it's not about fleecing writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
        Too bad the film industry doesn't do what the publishing industry does: publish a list of what agents, editors, assistants and publishers want to see in their inbox... for free! Updated on a daily basis!

https://mswishlist.com/
        I'm starting the process of querying agents with a mystery novel and I find these wish list things lit agents do incredibly helpful. I have a spreadsheet of agents that I bet will be open to my manuscript based on their Tweets -- found through the #mswl hashatag. And yes, it would be great if film people did this.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
          I'm starting the process of querying agents with a mystery novel and I find these wish list things lit agents do incredibly helpful. I have a spreadsheet of agents that I bet will be open to my manuscript based on their Tweets -- found through the #mswl hashatag. And yes, it would be great if film people did this.
          Exactly! I'm getting ready to send a novel out into the universe within the next 30 days. And with lists like these, I know exactly who I want to hit first.

Comment

And so do the other 1000 writers sending the same script to the same agent the same day you are... I'm saying there is always a downside to everything.

Comment

On a more positive note -- great for you guys and gals on having a novel to push. I should be working on one!

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                On a more positive note -- great for you guys and gals on having a novel to push. I should be working on one!

Why? You don't write a novel unless you're driven to write a novel.

Comment

Ain't the biggest downside when you KNOW -- FUKKING KNOW -- that you killed it but it didn't get MADE? I'd say that's the hardest to deal with. Because, then what do you do? How do you outdo "fukkin rad?" I honestly have no idea. IDK what 'better than great' looks like. Maybe I'll read that one day and finally GET it. Doubt it.

Or maybe I'm in a fukked up place because my grandmother had a "massive stroke" and is about to die. It's times like this that you just don't fukkin know.

I laughed when I told people my dad died. I would get this note if I wrote that "NOT BELIEVABLE... Character goes against everything we know to be true. HE SHOULD NOT LAUGH!" You know what, FUKK YOU! You don't understand human emotion. It's often illogical.

It's times like this (for me) when dealing with REAL **** that I fukkin know these notes are fukkin bullsh!t. Fukk your note, that's HOW I reacted in REAL FUKKING LIFE.

Sorry to go dark....
                  Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
                    Why? You don't write a novel unless you're driven to write a novel.
                    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                      Ha! Same........

Comment

Ooops.... might have posted my previous comment in the wrong thread. Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                          Ooops.... might have posted my previous comment in the wrong thread. Ha!
                          I was wondering about that, LOL.

Re. $$$: it's just as hard to sell a book as it is a script, it usually pays a lot less and it takes a lot longer to write. So there's that.

Comment

Seriously I had a whole thread on this... it was basically about a desire to write prose and YA books because some ideas would be better served there and I believe (stupidly) that maybe there's a 1% easier chance of selling a book. I know there is little money in this world too for most writers.

I was saying I would like to see my word in some form and maybe I should fail at novels as well as scripts and TV. Expand my portfolio as they say.

Comment

Seriously I had a whole thread on this... it was basically about a desire to write prose and YA books because some ideas would be better served there and I believe (stupidly) that maybe there's a 1% easier chance of selling a book. I know there is little money in this world too for most writers.

I was saying I would like to see my word in some form and maybe I should fail at novels as well as scripts and TV. Expand my portfolio as they say.
                              Go for it! Especially if you write YA. That is by FAR the genre agents are most looking for (see list on right hand side of MSWL page).

Comment

Working...
                              X