No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Machete Trailer...

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
    Living in SF I can almost guarantee that the Police will clamp down on any and all crap that may come up. Be it from White, Brown, Black or Rainbow. Because here, if you are not BLUE than your are an "other" (God, I miss LOST).
    I am from the Bay Area (originally), and I can confirm it is a melting pot of diverse people all living together in relative peace. Oakland (East Bay) was one of the few predominantly Black communities that did not riot during the Rodney King verdict in '91.

Of course, a big reason for this tolerance and diversity is the Bay Area is not just progressive, but also home to some of the top universities & scientific think tanks in the world e.g. Standford, U.C. Berkeley, Lawrence Livermore Labs, etc.

Knowledge + Tolerance + Diversity = Better World for All.

Also,

I find Beer-Guts irrational fear of this movie laughable. Utterly laughable.

How can anyone find a movie that has...

-Michelle Rodriguez in a leather braw & eye patch shooting people
    -Danny Trejo on a motorcycle with a front mounted mini-gun
    -Cheech Marin as an akimbo shotgun-wielding Priest
    -Lindsay Lohan in a skimpy Nurses uniform blasting people
    -Jessica Alba in the shower (although fully clothed, dammitt!)
    -Luche Libre Mask wearing assassins
    -Steven Segal

...In any way shape, or form frightening?!

Not to mention the part in the trailer where Machete cuts some guys stomach open, uses his intestine as a rope, crashes through a window, repels down the side of a building and then crashes through a second window ala Die Hard?!

Who in their rational mind would find any of this anything but hilarious, regardless of the race of the characters. I just don't get it, folks.
    Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Michelle looks so hot in the trailer it almost makes me wish I were gay. I hope this does wonders for her career and propels her to much deserved stardom.

Comment

Here's a quote from the "White Nationalist" forum. Apparently the local police were contacted:

As for the machetes, San Francisco Police spokeswoman Lieutenant Lyn Tomioka says there's nothing inherently illegal with openly carrying around a machete, as long as protesters aren't using them in a menacing manner. "If they're threatening people who want to go in and watch this movie, then that could be an issue. That would generate calls for police service.

Isn't a skinhead carrying a machete a threat in itself? What does this say about law enforcement?
        Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Originally posted by umo View Post
          Here's a quote from the "White Nationalist" forum. Apparently the local police were contacted:

As for the machetes, San Francisco Police spokeswoman Lieutenant Lyn Tomioka says there's nothing inherently illegal with openly carrying around a machete, as long as protesters aren't using them in a menacing manner. "If they're threatening people who want to go in and watch this movie, then that could be an issue. That would generate calls for police service.

Isn't a skinhead carrying a machete a threat in itself? What does this say about law enforcement?
          I wonder about the source of this quote. As WB2010 said, this is predominantly peaceful place to live. The police have no problem clamping down and stopping Halloween parties in the Castro -- because they MAY become violent, then I can assure you that Machete carrying "White Nationalist" will not get anywhere near a theatre. The one other thing that the Police and politicos protect more than anything is the image of The City and won't allow the tourist dollar stream to be stopped for any reason.

So am I worried? Not in the slightest.
          Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Can you believe the **** I have to put up with living in the UK.

26 November.

That's when this piece of amazing celluloid is released in this small island in the middle of the water. That's like...

/counts on fingers

... almost 3 months I have to wait.

Hello, PirateBay. You're going to be my friend until I can get to the cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcorona
              And to those groups bringing machetes to the theaters...bring 'em...you motherfvckers don't know how to use 'em anyway.

Corona
              Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
                I wonder about the source of this quote. As WB2010 said, this is predominantly peaceful place to live. The police have no problem clamping down and stopping Halloween parties in the Castro -- because they MAY become violent, then I can assure you that Machete carrying "White Nationalist" will not get anywhere near a theatre. The one other thing that the Police and politicos protect more than anything is the image of The City and won't allow the tourist dollar stream to be stopped for any reason.

So am I worried? Not in the slightest.
                It's quoted from an SF Weekly article dated 8/31.

Reviews for the film are looking good.
                http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...are_fb&h=988ab

Comment

It's quoted from an SF Weekly article dated 8/31.
                  Interesting. I couldn't find a second source other then the SF weekly blog. But, I'm still not concerned. SFPD has experience handling Machete carrying folk...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...feed=rss.crime

Comment

Screw the machetes.

I want two of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukri

These are the blades Milla Jovovich used in Resident Evil: Extinction
                    Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Meanwhile: Saw it, thought it was funny as heck. Boobs, blood, rolling heads, high heel fu - it's got everything Joe Bob Briggs loves.

Have no idea how there could be real controversy (in San Fran?) if you've seen the film - it's pure trash cinema. And the politics are probably tamer than what was in SUPERFLY (which was a serious movie) 30 years ago, and end up being about drug dealers wanting to close the border to keep out drugs from the competition... which seems ripped from the headlines not because it's about illegal aliens, but because of cartel kingpin La Barbie (the Texas high school football star turned drug lord), who arms his cartel with guns sold to him by American gun dealers, who sells his drugs to Americans because we use them. When Lohan's character is caught by her dad sampling the merchandise, that is the real politics in this film - drugs are big business in the USA, and we really are responsible for the Mexican Drug Cartels - we arm them and buy their goods... and the biggest drug cartel kingpin is an American. The flaw in the film is making Seagal Mexican - because in real life it is an *American* businessman who ran the big cartel.

But even to say the film is about drug cartels is a stretch, since it's really about Michelle Rodriguez in skin-tight white pants or that leather bra and matching eye-patch... and Jessica Alba in the shower.

Oh, and the heads being lopped off every couple of seconds.

Oh, and Jeff Fahey reclaiming his acting greatness (he *was* a great actor in A movies once upon a time).

- Bill
                      Free Script Tips:
                      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

So agree, Bill. It was fun & funny! The audience busted up, really enjoyed it!

My favorite was Steven Seagal--don't want to give anything away, but...
                        (and I can't get over how well he spoke Spanish!)

Needless to say, Cheech hit it out of the park. Too funny.

I wished for more Michelle, though. That girl has charisma--I hope she gets an action lead.

Danny Trejo looked so ugly, he was loveable! He played the brooding action hero beautifully.

The political satire was there but the theme focused on corruption, IMO.

And so many memorable lines.

Comment

I wished for more Michelle, though. That girl has charisma--I hope she gets an action lead.
                          Agreed!

Comment

i'm boycotting this simply because it looks awful.

eta:

unless theres a lohan/alba lez scene.

in nun outfits.

but even that would probably be something to just download for that scene.

doubt i'd be willing to suffer through the whole movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
                              i'm boycotting this simply because it looks awful.

eta:

unless theres a lohan/alba lez scene.

in nun outfits.

but even that would probably be something to just download for that scene.

doubt i'd be willing to suffer through the whole movie.
                              Not as entertaining as Jersey Shore, but close. I think I saw a "bump" in Steven Seagal's 'do.

Comment

I wonder if there are any companies trying to make Danny Trejo masks in time for Halloween.
                                "Only nothing is impossible."
                                - Grant Morrison

Comment

Working...
                                X