Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distant writing partners

My writing partner and I live in different states.

Often right now when we brainstorm it's over email, text or Facebook messenger -- a combination of all 3 mixed in with other random conversations.

There's got to be a good way to organize notes/ideas/etc.

I think about teaching software like padlet where people can sign in. That's so far my best idea. Anyone have any better ideas for sharing ideas with a group or at least more than one person?

I'm not so much talking about the writing as I'm talking about the ideas, brainstorming, note card / bulletin board stuff... Any recommendations would be helpful.

Re: Distant writing partners

If you are doing things more like beat sheets, outlines, treatments or even just a list of ideas for scenes, dialogue, etc. you could easily use Google docs and collaborate that way. I write on my own, but I have used G docs for working on other things and it does pretty well.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

You might want to look at WriterDuet.

WriterDuet

It's built for screenwriters who collaborate. I think it does everything you mention.

I've used the Free version for around three years, but the Pro version does more for collaration.

If I remember correctly, one partner can change the script while the other watches the changes, and it keeps track of all revisions.

I'm just someone who uses it, occassionally. I don't have any relation to the company -- so as always -- buyer beware.
      "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Thanks! I am happy MYSELF with FD or Google docs. Just looking for something that will work for both of us and won't have all the notes scrambled everywhere.
        Last edited by cvolante; 11-03-2018, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Some thoughts and notes ...

Fade In has a collaboration (in real time) feature. I have never tried it out. Has anyone worked with it? I think that the real-time tool may be fairly new. Not sure, because the idea of working with somebody in real time does not appeal to me at all. But I would be interested to know whether others have worked collaboratively in real time and whether it was really productive (in any program, not just Fade In).

I am the kind of guy who is going to work by himself. I have a hard time seeing real-time collaboration as anything but a gimmick.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Working...
          X