Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENTOURAGE: The Movie

Apparently Doug Ellin is set to finish his first draft this weekend. To which I say..."who gives a crap?"

That final season was such a disaster, I honestly could care less what's happened to the characters six months later (the confirmed timeline).

You?

Re: ENTOURAGE: The Movie

How exactly do we know when he's set to finish a draft?

ETA: I'd love to see an Entourage movie, if done well. Even if it's just like one long ep. Loved that show.
    Last edited by ATB; 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

ENTOURAGE didn't live up to the promise of the early seasons, as is the case with most TV shows that start off great and don't get cancelled quickly. Ellin admits that he have a series arc planned, or even season arcs. It's pretty impressive, actually, that some of the seasons had such effective story/character arcs given that.

But yeah, even though I don't think the last season was all that bad, the series sort of sputtered out, it's best days behind it.

The thing I wonder is, does Doug Ellin intend to craft a compelling conflict to live up to what he built up through the early seasons, or is the plan just to tell a really bloated super-cameo heavy episode that's fun while it lasts at best?

Comment

Cool, I loved that show. Just me, but I tend to think Entourage would transition well to a film format... I mean, basically, if they bring back the cast for a film within a film it would have a naturally occurring ticking clock and stakes sort of built-in, wouldn't it?
        life happens
        despite a few cracked pots-
        and random sunlight

Comment

Agree to disagree, thought every season, including the last, was amazing. Looking forward to a movie!
          www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
          http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
            How exactly do we know when he's set to finish a draft?

ETA: I'd love to see an Entourage movie, if done well. Even if it's just like one long ep. Loved that show.
            Deadline, dude. Deadline. It's required reading for anyone serious about the entertainment industry....

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/ento...ries-left-off/

Comment

I read it, but I'm not religious about it. Nice article, though.

Comment

Originally posted by stainjm View Post
                Agree to disagree, thought every season, including the last, was amazing. Looking forward to a movie!
                Meh, you're entitled to your opinion, and it's just as valid as mine, but I really started to dislike it toward the end (even though I looked forward to each episode anyway). I mean, you didn't get tired of the repetitive pattern of "uh oh things look like they might turn out bad for Vince and the crew, but wait! At the last second, something amazing happens and their lives continue to be great!" ?

Like Vince not getting the role in the Van Sant movie, thinking his career was declining, and then bam! Martin Scorcese, yes Martin f**king Scorcese, calls him out of the blue because he has a great role for him!

Even Turtle ends up a millionaire. I mean, I guess I shouldn't expect the show to be a profound meditation on the human condition, but by the end I was left with the impression that the overarching message was simply that these guys were just born lucky and nothing truly bad will ever happen to them.

Comment

Entourage seasons in order of awesomeness to lameness.

2 > 3 > 1 >> 5 > 4 >>> 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6 > 8

1 - 3 were amazing. 5 and 4 were good. 7 was a good rebound. 6 and 8 were COMPLETE garbage that should have never been produced.

Comment

But isn't that how life is? I never get people who like the 'sad ending' movies, nah, life isn't like that. In the end we get to escape all the bs, isn't that a happy ending?

But seriously, I think I was following Arri's (sp?) story more than Vince's... B/c yeah, it was very predictable (but what do you expect from a character based on Marky Mark?). What bored me (more from the very beginning) was the same old 'here's another girl for Vince' story, so I'm glad he stopped all that (what will the movie hold?)
                    www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                    http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                      Entourage seasons in order of awesomeness to lameness.

2 > 3 > 1 >> 5 > 4 >>> 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6 > 8

1 - 3 were amazing. 5 and 4 were good. 7 was a good rebound. 6 and 8 were COMPLETE garbage that should have never been produced.

I need you to stop reading my mind. It's quite rude of you.

I think as the seasons got weaker it just became a lot more apparent how much Vince couldn't act and how much more I wanted the show to focus on Ari and Johnny Drama.

I'd only check out the movie after a fan of the show already saw it and told me it's worth it. Those last few seasons took away my excitement for them to make a movie about it.
                      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I was just thinking, we never talked about how bad the actual movie was.

The answer is very.

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                          I was just thinking, we never talked about how bad the actual movie was.

The answer is very.
                          Yeah, it was pretty awful. As a fan of the series, I was hoping for better.

I know the TV show was all about life being a breeze, but when you're paying to see something in a movie theater, it's nice to to see higher stakes. At least higher than "will Drama's scenes get cut from his brother's movie."

And my favorite character in the series -- Ari -- was completely defanged. It's like Jeremy Piven didn't want himself seen as too much of an a**hole. But who is Ari if he's not a shockingly offensive, politically incorrect a**hole?
                          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

I forgot they even made a movie. I think I'll just skip this altogether and reminisce on the first four seasons whenever the topic comes up.
                            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                            X