No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hohman Maybank Lieb

Originally posted by JHare View Post
    how's for an example of those "creative" approaches you speak of?
    You don't need to be James Bond, dude.

My advice is to focus on managers. Query managers. A good manager will have more of a long term interest in your career and will get you read by the appropriate agents when the time is right.

Comment

Anyone have their email structure handy?
      @PatriotFrames

Comment

If you want a referral, get to know a producer. I'm not talking Jerry Bruckheimer, but the thousands of producers with credits that are so much easier to reach than agents and managers directly.

There are lots of small production companies you can submit to directly through their website and by other means. You can also meet them at film festivals and conferences. If they like your stuff, even if they don't buy it, you can build a relationship that can lead to a referral.

Producers know every agent and manager in town -- because they're the people the agents are trying to sell to.

Getting a referral isn't that hard, but you have to get out and get to know some people. Networking is what it's all about -- much more effective than emailing a stranger.

Comment

A well executed script that has a good commercial premise can make you friends. I think time at parties may be even less important than time spent in front of the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
          X