No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ScriptShadow Top 100 Loglines is UP

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
    Silent Night, The Cat Lady and The Alien Diaries were the ones that really jumped out at me.

Uh, those are 3 different titles BTW, though put together they make for a pretty intriguing title too...
    I like The Cat Lady's chances. It has shades of Everything Must Go, and we know how Carson feels about that one.

Comment

MOTHER LOAD did make me laugh. Great title/concept match.

Saw Keen on there! Positive comment by Carson as well. I gave ya a shout out! Carson is a fan of the genre so that's a plus.

Carson's also a big fan of the John Cusack one (in his 'top 3').

LOUISIANA BLOOD was familiar Mike is on MovieBytes often.

Fun reading them.
      "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
        Good work with that though, I think it's improved since I last read it. "Pushover paperboy manager" sounds a lot more fun!

I spotted at least five Done Deal folks... plus myself, I also spotted me!
        Yeah thanks for your advice, it helped a lot. Congrats on your entry (and for the finalist slot on Triggerstreet!)

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
          My failure:

Title: I Want Your Body
          Genre: Comedy
          Logline: When a pushover paperboy manager discovers the ability to take control of other people's bodies, he develops a drug-like addiction to living the life of the very rival he aims to destroy.
          Sounds similar to BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, in that both are about controlling other people's bodies and becoming addicted to it.

Comment

Oh, I should say, my fav 10 has nothing to do with what I like to watch or even perhaps what would make a particularly good movie.

It's entirely to do with what I think would sell. For instance, Spying and Lying, based on logline, seems tailor made for your typical ego-stroke movie for someone like Jim Carrey or Steve Carrel. IT's the kind of thing that would make me cringe just looking at the poster.

.... but it's also highly marketable! The idea of Bond saying

"....Okay. We got a nuclear sub to recover, hi-jacked by an evil one-eyed diabolical fiend. So what you got for me, Q?"

"Uhhh...okay well I got this pen!"

"Great a pen. Which is also a lazer right? Or some kind of jamming device."

"Well...yes. I suppose with enough force it could be jammed. Maybe to prop a door open."

"............ It's a pen."

"ermmm...... It is a clicker... Look, Bond, we're kneedeep in the biggest global recession in our lifetime. Mi5 accountants are really riding my ass on this one.!"

"So just a pen."

"......and a bendable, slimline lock-pick implementer"

"....a paperclip?"

The idea of a secret agent with a vital mission hampered by the money men, is brilliant. Would I watch it? No. Would it sell? In Hollywood's current climate, if it's written well, hell yeah!

Same with Bible Con. Anarchic comedy that would sell and would market itself on the controversy.

Bit like actual Da Vinci Code to be honest.
            Last edited by Harbinger; 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Where can I find these loglines posted, guys?

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                Sounds similar to BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, in that both are about controlling other people's bodies and becoming addicted to it.
                I've had the comment before (on the logline), unfortunately after the script was finished. And I have not seen BJM. Hopefully the execution is different enough.

Comment

Originally posted by spacefarer View Post
                  Where can I find these loglines posted, guys?
                  http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                    Yeah thanks for your advice, it helped a lot. Congrats on your entry (and for the finalist slot on Triggerstreet!)
                    Thanks!

Would've really hurt my stock as a resident logline wizard if I hadn't made it, right?

Comment

Mine made the cut... Pretty sweet!

Title: Placebo
                      Writer: Matthew Fuller
                      Genre: Suspense/Thriller
                      Logline: When a Private Investigator is tortured by recent memories of a murder he doesn't believe he committed, he must evade the authorities and follow a trail of broken thoughts to track down the organization that imprinted him with the false memories, to regain his sanity and prove his innocence.
                      We Are Legion.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_and_Vital View Post
                        Mine made the cut... Pretty sweet!

Title: Placebo
                        Writer: Matthew Fuller
                        Genre: Suspense/Thriller
                        Logline: When a Private Investigator is tortured by recent memories of a murder he doesn't believe he committed, he must evade the authorities and follow a trail of broken thoughts to track down the organization that imprinted him with the false memories, to regain his sanity and prove his innocence.
                        I liked yours. Particularly the title. Felt the details were a little scant, but it was in the 20 I wanted to see made. Mind you I'm a bit of a thriller fan. Felt just the merest hint of film-noir Total Recall.

EDIT: Or maybe parts of Dark City
                        Last edited by Harbinger; 11-16-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

The Mother Load sounds awesome LOL! I liked Bill's also:

Title: Volatile
                          Writer: William C. Martell
                          Genre: Thriller
                          Logline: Eddy lost everything: his job, his house, his wife. Spends his final
                          unemployment check drinking, wakes up with fresh stitches. Stolen
                          kidney? Implanted bomb. Anonymous caller gives him six one hour tasks:
                          Steal a car, steal a suit, steal a gun... assassinate executives from
                          the company that fired him!
                          Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE CUT!

You guys rock. Good luck.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Some loglines are good, others suck. At least half don't even give the hero a proper goal!

Comment

I made the first cut. Didn't even have to pay much.
                                If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                                Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                                X