X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Picking Right Idea

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post

I didn’t see any of this in your evidence.
    Jeff's nasty, out-of-line posts didn't start until post #203, which I say was in response to your nasty attitude toward him.

Edited To Add:

Jeff had a right to hit back at you after your post #158 accusing him of being a liar, but he held off until post #203.

Comment

So you didn't see any of the posts I mentioned then...

Either way, don't worry about it Joe. I can handle myself and Jeff can handle himself. Just get some popcorn and be entertained. You have to say this is a lot more interesting than discussing the quality of ideas.

Comment

So you didn't see any of the posts I mentioned then...

You have to say this is a lot more interesting than discussing the quality of ideas.
        The comments you are citing by Jeff didn't occur until post #203 and on.

"interesting"

Hell no! It was an ugly display by both you and Jeff. It does nothing but sidetrack a great thread and scare members away from the site.

Comment

The world is on fire. This should be a "safe" space. I hope people got more good out of this thread than bad. I did.

Comment

And prior to post 203 what exactly did I do to deserve it? All I was doing was staying on topic and discussing. I just skimmed all the posts. You show me Joe, what did I do to make Jeff cross the line? Unless I'm not allowed to hold a POV. That's my only crime. And this isn't the only thread he's done this to me on.

But for Will, I will say of course ideas are important. Come on. How can the concept of a script not be important? But some concepts are simpler than others and that's ok, even if it doesn't lead to a sale, it may place in a contest or get your writing noticed.

Comment

And prior to post 203 what exactly did I do to deserve it? All I was doing was staying on topic and discussing.
              Cyfress, I showed you with your post #158, accusing Jeff of being a liar and throwing digs at you when that was not accurate. Also, before post #203, you got nasty with Jeff and gave him attitude only because he gave you his honest opinion on a logline of yours that you presented for him to comment on.

Cyfress, the facts are the facts. I understand you don't agree. Okay, you're on record that you don't agree. Let's move on.

Comment

Forget it, Joe. It's Chinatown.

Nice thread, Bono. Jesus.

Comment

So when Jeff says to me: That door isn't open for you - or the people you charge for your advice. I'm not allowed to have the opinion that that's a dig. It's not a dig toward you Joe so you missed it. Or maybe you're just horrible at subtext. Jeff, on many occasions, has tried to put out there that absolutely no one should use my service, and others have to. Like I said, this thing between Jeff and I goes beyond this thread. I have always tried to be gracious toward Jeff, respectful. He's made it clear to me that it doesn't matter what I say or how I act toward him, he's gonna do his best to make sure he makes others know I'm a fraud and know nothing.

So in post 158 I say: You were taking a dig and don't lie

And you think that's the big cause of this? Man are you missing a lot. In my opinion. Jeff went on to do this and on and on and I even warn him to stop or else I'm gonna start getting rude too. You're not gonna beat on me like a drum. I'll give you a shot or two for free and out of respect for Jeff I gave him at least 10 for free. Rude, undermining comments meant only to persuade the DD community and ruin my service. So I say you're taking a dig and don't lie, and by the way he never came here and said he was taking no dig. And that gives Jeff the right to get even more rude, cause you say he started getting very rude after 203. So me trying to call him out on what he is doing is wayyyyyy out of line and I don't think so. I want him to know I know what he is doing. Mind you, I gave him more free shots after this point.

There's lots of people here reading amateur stuff and charging for it. Are these other services charging for notes and these amateurs are what starting careers based off of them??? He singles me out. That's ok. No hard feelings, Jeff. I was just having fun. I honestly don't care. There's never been one complaint mind you on these boards about what I offer to writers. So I hope Joe it's ok if you and I disagree.

Love Chinatown. That's an idea about a PI investigating a death of someone in the Water Department and of course the hero uncovers a great scandal during the case. Would that be considered a great idea, or just a well executed script?

No sh!t, SPR is on right now right at the storming of the beach at Normandy. And we've come full circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell McLean View Post
                    Ermmm...I was recommending a book relevant to the original subject of the thread. Worth a read.

As long as I'm here, "My Story Can Beat Up Your Story" has a good section on writing your logline.
                    I read that book (“My Story Can Beat Up Your Story”) Mariner Software uses the book as the basis for its program “Contour.” I’ll have to get “The Idea” (get the double entendre?). Thanks.
                    “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Obviously post #344 didn't get through.

I blame Bono.

Comment

I blame me too.

I'm going to start a thread called

HOW TO PICK FIGHTS and see if we can instead talk about ideas there.

Comment

Is this thread "intermediate" or "advanced"?
                          Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
                          "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Crayon View Post
                            Is this thread "intermediate" or "advanced"?
                            Yes.

Aaaaand... scene!
                            “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Last word. Thank you all for playing. I hope one day to sit down and read this entire thread.

Comment

It's been fun. Maybe we can do it again sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X