Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandalorian...oh no he didn't!!

Ok, I am insanely in love with the Mandalorian series on Disney+.

If you haven't seen any episodes yet please stop reading as there are some spoilers.

keep scrolling down

I am thrilled with the practical baby "yoda" animatronic. It seems the world is in love with this little guy/girl. Not sure yet if they are going to ever say if it's male/female or other.

But I love that they didn't give in to cgi with this character.

The most recent episode went a place where it had me actually gasping in surprise and anger.

Now if you don't want to know, again stop reading.

They had a biker scout actually hit baby "yoda". OMG!! They went there. I was so pissed. You can't hit babies.

But as far as writing goes, I say good on ya. I am sure they had many discussions about having that in this episode. I always enjoy a bit of controversy, and this was VERY controversial in my opinion. I am looking forward to all the fan reactions.

Re: Mandalorian...oh no he didn't!!

I haven't seen the last episode yet, but up to now I've been profoundly underwhelmed. It's meandering, uninspired, and filled with terrible dialogue. I really wanted to love this, and I was into it for the first couple of episodes, but once it became clear there was no real point to the season other than making people aww every episode over Baby Yoda or whatever the f*ck it's called, I lost interest. Maybe the final episode can redeem this aimless mess, but I don't think I'll be back for season two. Thankfully I have Disney+ for free through Verizon, otherwise I'd be pissed--even for seven bucks a month!

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
      I haven't seen the last episode yet, but up to now I've been profoundly underwhelmed. It's meandering, uninspired, and filled with terrible dialogue. I really wanted to love this, and I was into it for the first couple of episodes, but once it became clear there was no real point to the season other than making people aww every episode over Baby Yoda or whatever the f*ck it's called, I lost interest. Maybe the final episode can redeem this aimless mess, but I don't think I'll be back for season two. Thankfully I have Disney+ for free through Verizon, otherwise I'd be pissed--even for seven bucks a month!
      Each to his own, but I would recommend watching the season finale if nothing else. It is directed by Taika Waititi and his style is all thru it.

I will admit some episodes are not near as good as others, but that's true with many series. I do personally like the first episodes the most where there is minimal dialog and the visuals tell the story more than relying on conversation and exposition. But the finale is just great fun and in my opinion very well done.

But I stick with my original post in saying I absolutely love this series and I am looking forward to where it goes in season 2.

May the force....oh you know.

Comment

Love The Mandalorian, especially the way it totally leans into the serial origins of Lucas' concept for Star Wars. Although it gives us enough characterization to engage with the various players, mostly it's just lean action-driven plots from the first scene to the last. It really feels like a modern day Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers-style cliffhanger. An episode here or there felt maybe too thin on plot but overall maybe the best Star Wars thing Disney has done so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
          They had a biker scout actually hit baby "yoda". OMG!! They went there. I was so pissed. You can't hit babies.
          I looked up the clip on YouTube. I haven't enjoyed anything in Star Wars that much -- I mean, the punching scene -- since that one, single Ewok got laser-blasted in Return of the Jedi.

The over-cute annoying-ness meter on the Yoda puppet reads off the scale. It deserves place in the a Gashlycrumb Tinies alphabet book.

Comment

Working...
          X