Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Referencing by Occupation or Agency

I know that there are a lot of ways to find who represents an actor or a director; this board is one way.

But what if, for example, I wanted to see a list of ICM clients -- how can I cross-reference by agency?

I did try and find client lists via the 'net and Wikipedia. But the latter had virtually nothing on ICM, though Endeavor's page, by way of comparison, did list a handful of clients.

Any leads or tips on how to see a complete list of clients in the acting and directing field at ICM is appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Cross Referencing by Occupation or Agency

IMDb Pro does this, although they don't winnow out by occupation. It's just a straight client list, albeit with each name clickable through to the person's IMBd info. They also list the "Starmeter" number for each name, which is a moderately good indicator of visibility in the industry, so if you just look for names you recognize plus names with pretty high numbers, you should get a good amount of actor/director info.

Downside is that IMDb Pro's listings tend to be incomplete and fairly frequently out of date. Other downside is that, even given this, some of the listings for large agencies are loooooooooong. Pages and pages of names to sift through. But all that said, it might be a good jumping off point. They do charge, but I think you can pay by the month and cancel whenever, which makes it not a huge financial outlay if you're just going to use it for a short period.
    The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Jillybob, thanks. I was going to mention this source, but it slipped my mind.

The pay part is what is partially giving me pause, though I know that it is a valuable resource in general and might be worth it anyway in either the short or the long-term.

But as you say, not unlike Wikipedia, there will always be a little out of date or erroneous information.

But to be clear: I can search by agency name and then get the list, right? and not just get a list of actors name and have to click each one to see if their an ICM cleint?

Thanks again. I will ponder this, but will wait a bit to see if I can find a wiki (quick) way to get the info free.

Comment

Yes, you can click on the agency and see a list of clients. You can also click on the agency, click on staff, and then get a list of agents from which you can then get a list of that specific agent's clients.

IMDb Pro is $12.95 a month and has a free trial period as well. So again, if it's for short-term research purposes you could get a lot out of it for a small financial outlay.

IMDb info has to be confirmed to be listed, so unlike Wikipedia, there's a pretty small chance of something being flat out wrong. (As in the person was NEVER with that agency.) But they really aren't spectacular at keeping stuff up to date, particularly for smaller agencies.

But I would say that the higher level of talent, the more likely their rep info is up to date, because when major actors or directors switch agencies, it gets published in the trades, and then it's a lot more likely that the IMDb Pro info gets updated. So I'm thinking if you're searching at big agencies like ICM, the info is going to be fairly current. But that's just an educated guess on my part.
        The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

I've had HCD, Done Deal Pro and IMDB Pro. None was very good for e-mail addy's. Which made me wonder, what is the best source for e-mail addy's? If I had to pick, it would be HCD.

Just wondered what others thought was the best source.

Comment

Film Tracker has agent client info but it's expensive. 60 bucks a month as I recall.
            Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
            Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

Originally posted by Brodylived View Post
              I've had HCD, Done Deal Pro and IMDB Pro. None was very good for e-mail addy's. Which made me wonder, what is the best source for e-mail addy's? If I had to pick, it would be HCD.
              I've also used all of these and I prefer IMDP Pro. The real problem is that most companies don't identify their lit agents as such - they just say "manager" or "agent" and in these cases you have to dig into their client lists to see what their category is. The next thing for some public-spirited citizen (not me) would be to make a giant list of lit agents.

Comment

Working...
              X