Tarantino shelves "Hateful Eight" after script's leaked among Hollywood community

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarantino shelves "Hateful Eight" after script's leaked among Hollywood community

Jeff is joking. We've heard people say time and again that there are no consequences to script sharing.
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Re: Tarantino shelves "Hateful Eight" after script's leaked among Hollywood community

I think Jeff Lowell was making a cryptic and sarcastic reference to Scriptshadow, not sincerely claiming to have insider knowledge of a hoax.

Comment

Well, a jinx on the three of us, I suppose.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I shouldn't say this because I am such a fan of his, but when I saw Madsen's name attached to the article, I thought to myself, please god tell me he didn't hock the script for drug money.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
            I'm sorry, but this story has to be a hoax. I have been angrily assured by many people that there are no reprecussions to sharing unproduced scripts without the writer's consent.
            Before we stir that hornet's nest, it's probably worth noting that the report includes Tarantino's opinion on that.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
              Jeff is joking. We've heard people say time and again that there are no consequences to script sharing.
              This.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ Scribe View Post
                so uh, should we be watermarking our scripts? Or would that be perceived as crazy, paranoid to an unhealthy degree? I've always thought that my paranoia/craziness falls well within a reasonably acceptable range. Well, at least so far...
                I believe it is common for studio movies in pre-production -- particularly high profile projects -- to have watermarked scripts for tracking purposes and stop unauthorized duplicates.

I read that hard copies of the 2009 Star Trek script were printed on red paper so it couldn't be photocopied.

Comment

Originally posted by bill the scholar
                  After all, this is a guy who steals stuff from other writers left and right.
                  Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coGpmA4saEk

Comment

Originally posted by MJ Scribe View Post
                    so uh, should we be watermarking our scripts? Or would that be perceived as crazy, paranoid to an unhealthy degree? I've always thought that my paranoia/craziness falls well within a reasonably acceptable range. Well, at least so far...
                    Don't watermark. It would be perceived as weird.

Comment

Thank you Madworld & Why One...
                      " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

QT needs to get a grip. I'm not condoning the leak, nor am I trying to minimize Tarantino's anger at such an egregious breach in confidence, but taking such a petulant stance doesn't exactly win him any points. (In my mind, at any rate...)

From what I've read, the leak was minimal at best; Drew McWeeny over at HitFix posted an article saying no one within his inner circle of contacts has a copy, and he's a guy known for having ins when it comes to this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                          I can safely say no element in my script is a ripoff of anything else, which is exactly why it's getting no traction.
                          I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I think y'all mean he Zuckerbergs others works

Comment

This also brings up the interesting James Cameron Vs. Harlan Ellison plagiarism fiasco with Terminator. As it turns out, Cameron never "ripped off" The Outer Limits episodes "Demon With A Glass Hand" or "Soldier" -- whose first three opening elements were nearly identical to T1. It was homage.

But in an interview with Starlog Magazine he facetiously said "Oh, I ripped off a couple Outer Limits episodes." BIG MISTAKE.

Turns out, you can ripoff anything you want in film, but you never ever SAY you ripped them off. For eg. Oblivion payed homage to many other Sci-Fi's like ID4, Planet Of The Apes, Moon, etc. No one cared. The movie was a success. But if the director verbally stated he RIPPED OFF ID4, Planet of The Apes and Moon" the film would have been bombarded with lawsuits and scrapped in production.
                              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                                From what I've read, the leak was minimal at best; Drew McWeeny over at HitFix posted an article saying no one within his inner circle of contacts has a copy, and he's a guy known for having ins when it comes to this sort of thing.
                                Maybe the original leak was minimal, but it spread like wildfire especially today. If McWeeny doesn't know anyone who has it by this point, he doesn't have any ins whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X