No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First ATA agency breaks ranks

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    Just saw that. I honestly hope it's just a cover to get the hell out of the firing range which I can understand. But since it's probably 100% legit, that sucks. The reason to drop out, not that he had too.
    He had to cancel a WGA event a couple of weeks ago at the last minute. There's definitely something happening. I hope all is okay.

Comment

I assumed there was. I was just hoping there wasn't. Ugh. It always happens to the good people. Why the hell is that? Seriously. It's never the bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
        as a female action writer i considered an alias, because there's this assumption that women can't write high-octane, testosterone fueled action as well as men. or women can't write male characters. it's like, dude, we're all human.

i always get the, "i can't believe you wrote this as a woman." kind of like the back handed compliment, "you look great for your age." go pound sand. haha.

on a sadder note, so sorry to hear about Mazin pulling out due to an immediate family health issue. sending good vibes his way.
        I hear you, but I think you use that to your advantage. Smoke em if you got em. If being a women who writes this stuff and few others do like you, that's something to sell yourself as. Use what you got.

I got the same as 50% of the writers, which is nothing to make me stand out. you know?

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
          as a female action writer i considered an alias, because there's this assumption that women can't write high-octane, testosterone fueled action as well as men. or women can't write male characters. it's like, dude, we're all human.

i always get the, "i can't believe you wrote this as a woman." kind of like the back handed compliment, "you look great for your age." go pound sand. haha.

on a sadder note, so sorry to hear about Mazin pulling out due to an immediate family health issue. sending good vibes his way.
          2 things...

1) I think it's RAD! that you write hardcore sh!t, and I believe you're good. I have every bit of faith that women can write and direct bad-ass action etc. In fact, when asked by the producer for my list of directors (pilot) on my last show Kathryn Bigelow was in my top 5. I don't see gender, I only see SKILL level.

2) Yup, hope Craig and his fam are ok and pull through whatever's going on.
          Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Brown dude? This whole time I was picturing an Asian Pauly Shore type (I can't think of a current reference because I'm old as dirt).
            Thanks a lot, Obama.
            Ha!

Nope, more like this: https://imgur.com/a/A2Nr7vL Very tan in that pic after a week in Vegas, most people say they don't realize I'm half black.

And yes I'm smoking weed in that pic...

Or this: https://imgur.com/a/IjXtsfg

Whatever, I'll out myself. That's me. Don't give a fukk anymore.

Let me just say as a Jewish writer who can't break in, I feel extra extra pathetic. I mean, I can't even live up to my own stereotype. I want to run Hollywood, but the other Jews won't let me in!

But, goddamn, what's up with you not living up to your stereotype? LOL
            Last edited by GucciGhostXXX; 08-01-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Half black, all hot. And if you walked into a room, I'd have zero idea you were half anything other than attractive.

Jealous fat jew over here. I look like a young Gabriel Kaplan in Mr. Kotter days. You look like a movie star. Write something for you to star in.

Comment

Half black, all hot. And if you walked into a room, I'd have zero idea you were half anything other than attractive.

Jealous fat jew over here. I look like a young Gabriel Kaplan in Mr. Kotter days. You look like a movie star. Write something for you to star in.
                Ha! But, Gabe Kaplan was... "HELLA LIKABLE!", so you already have a leg up!

I've actually wondered why I can't do that. I used to model (my grandma pushed me into it, wasn't me being vain) and I've been in front of the camera on film, TV, print ads and runway shows... and a crap ton of auditions as an actor back in the day (I wasn't trying to be an actor, my modeling agent baited and switched me by sending me on acting auditions I didn't realize were acting auditions). I played the 'cute guy the girl turns and smiles at and says' -- "like that guy." I give a cheesy nod. Cut. Got it. But, nowadays, swear to god, I feel like I could "play" the brutal characters I write and get "what I needed" out of the shot. Yet, I sit here in front of a goddamn laptop all fukkin day. Hmmmm...

With the resurgence of older models I did think about contacting one of my old agencies [FORD/LA Models] to see if I could do that as a side hustle. My buddy used to be a model and he just got re-signed and is doing a watch campaign. He's like "dude... there's a growing market for older models, GO FOR IT BRO!"

But, I think there's another point to be made here, far as writers: When I walk in the room for a meeting I intentionally aim to look like the brown version of the character. I want them to think "Hmmmm... this dude looks like he could actually fukkin PLAY the role HIMSELF."

I think it's important to try your best to LOOK like the actual character you wrote. Seeing as Hollywood is so fukking superficial.

Comment

use what you got!

Comment

use what you got!
                    Every time!

Be a "whore" if it helps you make a deal, I say. (Not referring to #MeToo, meaning "the general song and dance")

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                      . He's like "dude... there's a growing market for older models, GO FOR IT BRO!"
                      Look, I'm just gonna tell y'all, flat out, that I got nuthin going for me...

Except THIS now. I'm laying out my turf as Male Model for the Full-Figured Guy!

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post

Ha! That's actually a good point: where are all the full-figured MALE models? Wtf? Guess you're gonna have to be the trailblazer for a wide open market!

Comment

Don't steal my spot DANGO.

I always tell people i'm a model. A BEFORE model in those informercials.

Comment

Don't steal my spot DANGO.

I always tell people i'm a model. A BEFORE model in those informercials.
                            HA!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                              2 things...

1) I think it's RAD! that you write hardcore sh!t, and I believe you're good. I have every bit of faith that women can write and direct bad-ass action etc. In fact, when asked by the producer for my list of directors (pilot) on my last show Kathryn Bigelow was in my top 5. I don't see gender, I only see SKILL level.

2) Yup, hope Craig and his fam are ok and pull through whatever's going on.
                              thanks, dude, appreciate the shout out. and i agree on all the rest.
                              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post

we call it "curvy" now. all the curvy male models are in the beer commercials.

oh, wait, no they're not...

go get yourself a pair of new Calvins, take a few selfies and post on Twitter and Insta-- remember to cover your nipples-- save #freethenipple for another day. if women can't show theirs neither can you-- fair is fair.
                                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
                                X