Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest "I blew it" moment...?

I'd say mine was paying attention more to a chick (dating/partying/traveling) when I should have been 1000% focused on developing my show. I took it for granted that the team [me, showrunners, producers, studio] was locked, and I had time. NOPE! Showrunners split to take a turnkey. They could have gotten anything made at a certain high profile network (which they told me) and they loved my show. Soon as they dropped off the whole team fell apart.

Don't do that! If you get that far along in the process literally do nothing but PUSH! Ignore literally everything else in your life for the time being, IMO. Because it may never happen again [getting that close to getting a show made].

What's your biggest fukk up so far?
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Re: Biggest "I blew it" moment...?

My last few posts on this Board.

Comment

Lighting a fart with a blowtorch in a gas station.

Comment

Not writing Ball Sack. Sometimes, the idea's just right there.

Comment

Not accepting Harvey Weinstein's invitation. I coulda had a career!
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
            I'd say mine was paying attention more to a chick (dating/partying/traveling) when I should have been 1000% focused on developing my show. I took it for granted that the team [me, showrunners, producers, studio] was locked, and I had time. NOPE! Showrunners split to take a turnkey. They could have gotten anything made at a certain high profile network (which they told me) and they loved my show. Soon as they dropped off the whole team fell apart.

Don't do that! If you get that far along in the process literally do nothing but PUSH! Ignore literally everything else in your life for the time being, IMO. Because it may never happen again [getting that close to getting a show made].

What's your biggest fukk up so far?
            traveling the world for 2 years, working too much, forced to give up time to write. i feel ya Gucci.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Ha! Funny responses homies.

My second biggest "I blew it" moment, was when I blew Kevin Spacey and he ghosted me.
              Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Ha! Funny responses homies.

My second biggest "I blew it" moment, was when I blew Kevin Spacey and he ghosted me.

Were you able to hold on to the messages? Very important.

Comment

I suspect many young aspiring actors in Hollywood share that moment.

Comment

You didn't blow it actually. Crap happens. this business stinks. But it's not important at all.

When I see another mass shooting, I'm disgusted how easy a fix it would be except one side refusing to do anything about it. And worse than that our president is now 100% causing many of these terrible things to happen. I can't believe that's the world we live in, but it is.

So my biggest I blew it (and so many others) was thinking Clinton was going to win the presidency easily and not doing more. I guess every day I don't get outside and try to stop the NRA, I blew it.

But I understand the point of this thread, but I just wanted to point out how little it all means in the scope of life.

If you try to value yourself based on Hollywood or any job that doesn't love you back, you're going to fail. Value yourself on how your friends and family see you. And how you treat people when no one is looking.

I'm sorry, this is the other side of me, that can't take this sh%t much longer.

I wanted to see Star Trek future realized in my lifetime, but now I'll settle for being able to go into a movie theater to watch the latest Star Trek movie without worrying about if I'll come home or not...

You should die in war. A plane crash. Old age please. Not in a fuc-king Walmart. Not at a concert. Not at school... my heart breaks again again and again...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                      You didn't blow it actually. Crap happens. this business stinks. But it's not important at all.

When I see another mass shooting, I'm disgusted how easy a fix it would be except one side refusing to do anything about it. And worse than that our president is now 100% causing many of these terrible things to happen. I can't believe that's the world we live in, but it is.

So my biggest I blew it (and so many others) was thinking Clinton was going to win the presidency easily and not doing more. I guess every day I don't get outside and try to stop the NRA, I blew it.

But I understand the point of this thread, but I just wanted to point out how little it all means in the scope of life.

If you try to value yourself based on Hollywood or any job that doesn't love you back, you're going to fail. Value yourself on how your friends and family see you. And how you treat people when no one is looking.

I wanted to see Star Trek future realized in my lifetime, but now I'll settle for being able to go into a movie theater to watch the latest Star Trek movie without worrying about if I'll come home or not...

You should die in war. A plane crash. Old age please. Not in a fuc-king Walmart. Not at a concert. Not at school... my heart breaks again again and again...

It boils down to the fact that there are 7 billion multimillionaires on this planet and some of them are a little confused, or at least enough of them are confused to put all our lives in jeopardy. For us as a species to survive we need to embrace science wholeheartedly. We've come this far by stumbling along, now we have to think before we act.

Comment

the gun lobby is too strong. That's the problem. Obviously if those massive assault rifles weren't available, losers wouldn't be able to mow down a bunch of innocent people. The people that can actually do something about it are in the pockets of the gun lobby. They'll deflect whenever you bring up the subject and just send their empty "thoughts and prayers." It seems to be almost a daily occurrence now. I recall we just had another massive one recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

You don't have to apologize. It's hard to think of anything else after experiencing yet another day like yesterday's in America.

I loved Star Trek: The Next Generation growing up. I marveled at how civilized human beings seemed in the future on the show -- driven by empathy and a shared desire for the greater good. Now I'm convinced that America is an empire in decline, with its degradation driven by that destroyer of most great civilizations -- greed. But as you say, at least we have the movies (and TV) to help us escape from it all.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekends!

Comment

You misread me. I wanted Utopia Star Trek growing up but now today in 2019 I'd settle to be able to feel 100% safe at a movie theater (any place like it) again. Which isn't how I feel these days because of what happened during Dark Knight. What happens at places that should be escapes from violence.

I wrote this post last night because of El Paso, which pushed the CA shooting at the Garlic festival out of the news and I just looked at CNN to see there was another shooting 13 hours after El Paso in Dayton, Ohio.

29 fellow Americans dead and they wouldn't be if we had guns laws and a president who wasn't stoking hate daily. And a do nothing Republican Senate.

Comment

I wish you all well. I'm going to leave this site for a little bit and maybe I'll come back, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                              X