Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Production Notes On Stone's George W. Bush Movie

I read the script (hardcopy) and it's like a glorified tv movie...didn't think it was penetrating or controversial...It's ok but not much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisBickle View Post
      Another thing - WTC was as I understand it - just a retelling of these few guys' experiences. How is that controversy? If Stone was such a controversial Maverick, he would have injected a view into the film that made it more than just a 150 million-dollar version of a guy retelling events that happened.
      That's why I was disappointed in the flick... Stone never seemed one to shy away from the controversary, but WTF was as safe as you could get. And if there was one event that in recent history that could use a bit of speculative digging, it's that.

Great opening, then it was just the rest of the movie hoping that Cage would die...

... and knowing that he wouldn't.

I used to like Nicolas Cage, but with Leaving Las Vegas on he has become truly intolerable. And he's really starting to look and sound disturbingly like a GQ Barney Fife.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I feel the need to also point out that it's entirely possible to make an accurate depiction of 9/11 *without* going into conspiracy theories, and still come away with a very good film.

Paul Greengrass did a fantastic job with United 93. Great movie. Much better than this crap.
        Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

Stone to start filming "W" within a month with a release date before Bush leaves office in January'09.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23850208/

Comment

This one is even funnier. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9_gMOnjYYTE&feature=related
            The past is a cashed check. The future is a promissory note. Today is the only hard cash that any of us ever have. Spend it well and wisely.

Comment

***************SPOILERS*****************

Highlights from Stone's screenplay "W" (Bush biopic)...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...4563558&page=1

Comment

Now I'm really looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                X