The right way of setting up a writer-director partnership?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right way of setting up a writer-director partnership?

I want to post an ad on film forums to write for a new director on low budget movies. What is the best way of wording the advert? What should I say and what should I NOT say? And what rules are best for setting up the partnership?
    I post too much.

Re: The right way of setting up a writer-director partnership?

Just my two cents, but I think you might be a lot better off going to a few film festivals and getting to know people. Chances are that you'll meet filmmakers and directors, make friends and you'll find someone you can partner up with that way - it'll be easier and much more fun than wading through a ton of (or a lack of) emails. People like meeting IRL.

Comment

exhaust other avenues first. offer your service to local (high quality) film school students - or offer your services to producers at local film festivals - london must have a ton of those. even offer your services to your local theater group and offer to video it and post it online. I would even upload the script for people to judge.

Comment

What FlyingC said...

I go to a bunch of film fests (usually jury duty) and have met a bunch of great directors who have all kinds of talent, but haven't been discovered. Ages ago at Raindance London I saw a short called WHERE THE MONSTERS GO written by Leigh Oakley (great guy) and directed by a guy named Van Poynton (just looked him up on IMDB and he's got a new feature in post). That film was so well directed I though for sure he's be doing big Hollywood features in no time... but he's making little films in Ireland.

Every fest I've gone to has had at least one amazing film, and I've had a beer or two with the director. You can do that, too.
        Free Script Tips:
        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Hi MPrince,
          I'm a writer/director/editor, but maybe more of a director/editor. I might be interested to know more about your low budget scripts.
          Thank you
          Alex
          www.imdb.me/alexlora
          www.alexlora.com
          www.facebook.com/alexloracercos

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLora View Post
            Hi MPrince,
            I'm a writer/director/editor, but maybe more of a director/editor. I might be interested to know more about your low budget scripts.
            Thank you
            Alex
            AlexLora if you are still on the board, check your PM.

Comment

Working...
            X