X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nicholl 2016

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
    Because blind reading is continuing.
    Okay, thanks. Wonder why other major competitions (PAGE, Austin, LaunchPad) don't do the same.
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Anybody think Nicholl will announce the quarters early like last year? Not that I'm antsy or anything mind you.
      We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

They posted on FB that they finished 2nd round reads. So I guess it's possible?

Does this mean, no more reader comments? I really liked those. I wish they posted more.

I'm really tempted to buy their readers' comments. I see we have until December 31st to purchase. I've read so many of those FB comments and thought: That sounds like mine! (but then so did so many others! lol)

Anyone purchase the readers comments? Do they send them out all at once? Or if you keep advancing, do they send them as they come?

Comment

Originally posted by Terri View Post
          They posted on FB that they finished 2nd round reads. So I guess it's possible?

Does this mean, no more reader comments? I really liked those. I wish they posted more.

I'm really tempted to buy their readers' comments. I see we have until December 31st to purchase. I've read so many of those FB comments and thought: That sounds like mine! (but then so did so many others! lol)

Anyone purchase the readers comments? Do they send them out all at once? Or if you keep advancing, do they send them as they come?
          Just to clarify a few things:

We're still in the first round of the competition. What was posted was that we had nearly completed second reads and would soon be moving onto third reads. All scripts have been read twice; over 1200 will have been read three times once the round wraps up.

More reader comment excerpts will probably appear on the Nicholl Facebook page. Some genre stats should also appear soon.

I think we made the purchased reader comments available after the semifinal round ended last year. Should be the same this year, and no later than September 1.

All comments are made available at once. For most entrants, there will be two comments, but those advancing to the quarterfinals will receive five or six comments. If an entrant were to purchase the comments at a later date, they should all appear at once (perhaps after logging out and back in again).

Comment

Thanks, Greg.
            So excited!

Comment

Does anyone know when Nicholl week will be? I know free tickets are given for the Awards ceremony, and I was wondering if we knew the dates yet.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You mean the specific week in November? Hmm... I went in 2006, but the ceremony always seems to be on Thursday of the week (except for last year), but I'll defer to Greg. Here's the last several ceremony dates, so I guess if you're making plans, figure on the first or second week of November.

Nov 4 ,2015 (Wed)
                Nov 13, 2104
                Nov 7, 2013
                Nov 8, 2012
                Nov 3, 2011
                Nov 4, 2010
                Nov 12, 2009
                Nov 13, 2008
                Nov 15, 2007
                Nov 16, 2006

Comment

Nicholl posted the dates on their Facebook page:

Nicholl week: Oct. 31 - Nov. 4, 2016
                  Awards ceremony: Nov. 3 (a Thursday, as acquaformosa surmised)

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Ahh, Acquaformosa. I'd love to meet that guy sometime... heard he's really good-looking, too. Brains and beauty... go figure.

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

Thanks for jumping in ahead of me.

Our Marketing/PR team moved us off of Thursday last year due to a conflict with the AFI Festival opening night (or was it the closing night?). This year, no conflict, so we're back to Thursday.

Comment

I just got my polite rejection email from Nicholl telling me I didn't advance to the Quarterfinals. But I did get one positive read from one reader but not the other reader to prompt a third read. So I got read from 2 people, with who knows what qualifications, and one was positive and one was negative. I got a split decision. Not that it really matters. A rejection is still a rejection.
                          Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

One of my scripts made the QFs. The other made top 10%.

Comment

Got rejected on both.
                              But as the email states: "A lack of success here may not have any bearing on your reception in the marketplace where a sale is the ultimate measure of success."

Like how one of my scripts got a 4 on BL even though the review was positive and even stated that any producer would love to have this script. (...really. But 4.)

Comment

Super happy my script got through to the quarterfinals.

Sympathy to those who didn't make it through this year. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there and don't let the value of your work be defined by any contest. They are all very, very subjective!

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Working...
                                X