• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlestar Gallactica

Friday and a 2-hour finale next week.

The end is coming.

Comment

I should be mad that they keep introducing new questions. But I am having a lot of fun. Even if the events of the last 3 episodes have slowed the series down, I enjoy the dialog. I'll be greeting the end with a mixed bag. By far my favorite show on TV right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatTire View Post
        I should be mad that they keep introducing new questions. But I am having a lot of fun. Even if the events of the last 3 episodes have slowed the series down, I enjoy the dialog. I'll be greeting the end with a mixed bag. By far my favorite show on TV right now.
        I agree with every syllable of this. Lots of fun - even if it is still hitting slow spots. The mutiny episodes were rip roaring fast, this is much different now. But really cool possibilities now exist.

I just hope that when all is said and done, we really DO finally learn the truth.

Comment

Looks like the series final will be a set up for the new mini series Caprica.

I'm now guessing that the Battlestar will be used to jump into the Cylon asteroid base and blow it the frack up. Then they get sucked into that Black hole thing and some other stuff happens... I'm positive some stuff will happen.

Comment

Now's the time: guess what you thinks going to happen.
            I can honestly say, I have no clue. The music should resolve itself to something, no?
            What if all the humans are cylons, too, and they can be regenerated, so the wiped out Caprica actually wasn't that bad, as everyone that was killed in that slaughter are alive in well on some other planet?

Again, I really have no clue. Does anyone??

Comment

Friday is gonna rock! Daybreak Part 1 was interesting, especially the flashbacks, huh.

Friday is gonna be a sad evening when it all ends.

Comment

HO.

LY.

SH!T.

Okay, so my predictions about the finale were close (just sub "singularity" for "anomaly,") but just far enough off to not be quite right. But, hey, after seeing it, maybe I should write sci-fi.

Anyway, that finale (no spoilers) was one of the best fracking things I've ever seen.

Thank you Ronald Moore and the entire BSG cast and crew for giving us one of the truly great treasures of TV history.

"Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

I didn't like it. I think it was a very lackluster, non-amazing way to end an amazing series. Each payoff they gave was boring and uninspiring. My favorite part of the episode is when Tigh yelled like the party animal he is in the strip joint.
                  Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                  Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

It was OK. The first two seasons were brilliant, while I thought the third season was a disaster and the last was hit and miss.

Galen snapping Tory's neck was a highlight. Heh.

It all went downhill after they found "Earth".

The fleet heading straight for the sun was a nice shot. I would have shot that, then cut to certain points in their lives on the "Earth" they landed on. That could have been interesting.

IMO, they put too much emphasis on all those unanswered questions being a part of God's plan. If anything, that should have been more ambivalent.

Comment

Sooo... Bob Dylan was a cylon?
                      The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

It was fine until Starbuck's vanishing act... So she was an angel or something? With an angelic Viper sent by God to kick the Cylon's asses? What the FRAK???

I wasn't ready to wrap everything up with "mystical" explanations.

And didn't Earth 1 look exactly like Earth 2? What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz View Post

And didn't Earth 1 look exactly like Earth 2? What's up with that?
                          God. When you don't know the answer, it's always God.

What a frakking cop out finale.

Comment

Originally posted by twk69045 View Post
                            Sooo... Bob Dylan was a cylon?
                            And here I thought it was Jimi Hendrix. Or the song itself was God....Or....What?
                            Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                            Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

I picked Dylan cause he wrote the song. But I guess he could have stolen the music from a cylon. But then that would have probably started another human cylon war. I'm so confused.
                              The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

I really have to disagree with the above rant. My take on it all is that Starbuck heard that she was the Harbinger of Death from the Cylon Hybrid, that she would lead her people to death. She did lead her people to death, or a dead planet, Earth 1. The Starbuck that came back on the New Viper was not the same Starbuck that heard the Hybrid's omen. She played a key role and ended up leading her people to a new planet, her redemption.

The entire series is religious in nature. At the end, the Angel Baltar said that "It" does not like to be called God. I took away that the entire purging of Caprica and the Colonies was a Noah's Arch type deal. That "It" had grown fed up with "It's" people and decided that it was time for a reckoning. "It" did it before on Earth 1, it did it again, sending the Humans and Cylons on a journey of discovery that ultimately lead to peace.

As for Hera, to say that she was not important really does not do the character justice. She brought the Humans and the Cylons face to face and for a brief moment the war between them had ended and there was going to be peace. Chief learned the truth of his wife and the Cylons saw it as a trick, their mistrust that ultimately lead to their final destruction.

BSG is a show rich in theology. I thought that it was a beautiful way to end the show. My only grip is that during the 150,000 years since the Humans arrived, Earth 2 has known war, from the Roman Empire to the Germans of 1920's and 1940's, to present day. So tying us all in together like that would leave me to believe that all of it will happen again.

Can't wait for "The Plan", the Cylon account of the last few years. Then it's on to Caprica for a few years and perhaps that will shed even more light on everything..

Comment

Working...
                                X