Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got More Meetings By Starting a Screenplay Development Company

so it is business to business, instead of artist to company, hoping that i can grow the business into a big company and sign writers, and own their work

Re: I Got More Meeting By Starting a Screenplay Development Company

This has the cadence of the Seven Minute Abs pitch.

Comment

Re: I Got More Meetings By Starting a Screenplay Development Company

So much weirdness to unpack here!

What is a "Screenplay Development Company" - a notes/coverage service? Or a production company?

No, wait, you're looking to "sign writers, and own their work" - so you're a manager now? And managers can produce but "own"?

And you did this just to get meetings... so you're ripping off writers under false pretenses and lying to producers and studios or whoever about why you want to meet them because it sounds like you did all this just to get meetings which strongly suggests you're doing it to pitch your own work, not that of your "clients."

Do please tell us more, and list the name of your company so everyone can see.

Comment

Sounds like the business model of Zero Gravity from 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Northbank View Post
          So much weirdness to unpack here!

What is a "Screenplay Development Company" - a notes/coverage service? Or a production company?

No, wait, you're looking to "sign writers, and own their work" - so you're a manager now? And managers can produce but "own"?

And you did this just to get meetings... so you're ripping off writers under false pretenses and lying to producers and studios or whoever about why you want to meet them because it sounds like you did all this just to get meetings which strongly suggests you're doing it to pitch your own work, not that of your "clients."

Do please tell us more, and list the name of your company so everyone can see.
          Yeah, so many questions. What is a "screenplay development" company?

Comment

From a 2013 post:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=73680

Comment

I get it. We're playing a game:

You're James Frey.
              I don't need all-caps or exclamation points to yell at you.

Comment

Working...
              X