Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Developer seeking representation

Hi - I am a Hollywood ousider but a DC and NYC insider with 2 rather important stories on my plate. My rights are ironclad. What is the best type of agent or legal representative for a story developer?

1. The most important man of the 20th century fell through the cracks of history.
    2. The Authorized story of the life of Don A. - the least interesting thing about him is that he was assassinated by a hitman.

My attempts to reach writers who could do justice to the projects are blocked by their agents - "we don't take unsolicited material." So I am asking what steps are necessary in order to get the projects solicited? I have billionaires willing to finance the projects pending their being in the hands of Producers able to do them justice. And I have written a few scenes in the treatments, but as I am woefully underqualified in this realm I feel that Producers will be able to hire top talent, and let my unskilled writer's hands focus on my extreme reasearch and story sleuthing abilities.

I am grateful for any guidance that can be offered, and can explain all quickly in a 10 minute phone conversation. Anybody who has given me 20 minutes is begging for more after 2 hours. Two producers have attempted to steal my projects based on conversations, and nothing in writing from me.

I have had excellent and lengthy discussions with Oscar winning Producers who feel that I need an agent to help me package the projects, but aren't able to introduce me to an agent sight unseen. Thank you in advance, jp

Re: Story Developer seeking representation

Originally posted by Hollywood Virgin View Post
    Hi - I am a Hollywood ousider but a DC and NYC insider with 2 rather important stories on my plate. My rights are ironclad. What is the best type of agent or legal representative for a story developer?

1. The most important man of the 20th century fell through the cracks of history.
    2. The Authorized story of the life of Don A. - the least interesting thing about him is that he was assassinated by a hitman.

My attempts to reach writers who could do justice to the projects are blocked by their agents - "we don't take unsolicited material." So I am asking what steps are necessary in order to get the projects solicited? I have billionaires willing to finance the projects pending their being in the hands of Producers able to do them justice. And I have written a few scenes in the treatments, but as I am woefully underqualified in this realm I feel that Producers will be able to hire top talent, and let my unskilled writer's hands focus on my extreme reasearch and story sleuthing abilities.

I am grateful for any guidance that can be offered, and can explain all quickly in a 10 minute phone conversation. Anybody who has given me 20 minutes is begging for more after 2 hours. Two producers have attempted to steal my projects based on conversations, and nothing in writing from me.

I have had excellent and lengthy discussions with Oscar winning Producers who feel that I need an agent to help me package the projects, but aren't able to introduce me to an agent sight unseen. Thank you in advance, jp
    The answer to this is quite simple: let the agents or producers know you have $$$$$$ (unlimited funds from billionaires) on the table and the doors will fly open.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
      The answer to this is quite simple: let the agents or producers know you have $$$$$$ (unlimited funds from billionaires) on the table and the doors will fly open.
      You can let them know, but based on past experiences, they won't believe you unless you can prove it by having a million or so in provable seed money in the bank or notarized letters of intent that can be checked. There are way too many promises made that aren't based in any fact these days. So be ready to back that up.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
        You can let them know, but based on past experiences, they won't believe you unless you can prove it by having a million or so in provable seed money in the bank or notarized letters of intent that can be checked. There are way too many promises made that aren't based in any fact these days. So be ready to back that up.
        Good point.

Comment

Working...
        X