Black List Reader Gave Me A 5 - Now What?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black List Reader Gave Me A 5 - Now What?

I know what a troll is. I was just picturing the visual of an actual troll and it made laugh.

Comment

I think everything that Cyfress says is right on. There is a 99.7% chance you will fail. Having any illusions about that won't really help you. But talent will.

Comment

Originally posted by omovie View Post
        I think everything that Cyfress says is right on. There is a 99.7% chance you will fail. Having any illusions about that won't really help you. But talent will.
        I hate these types of statistics. It's like telling a 16-year-old Lebron James there's a .0001% chance he'll make it to the NBA. What? No it isn't. FOR HIM, it's more like 60%. For an average talent it would be 1/10,000.

Your chances depend on your current skill level.
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I guess you didn't really get the last part of my sentence which was about talent.

Comment

Of course talent trumps everything. But I bet if you poll this community, we'd have a few thousand writers who all say they have talent even though no one in the know has ever told them so.

Work ethic has a lot to do with it too. How many of us are really spending 4 - 6 quality hours per day on our work? I'd bet very few.

The odds are the odds. Mostly the odds are there to turn away people who would quit along the way anyway.

My point is, work as hard as you can. Challenge yourself. Be humble and always seek knowledge. These development skills you acquire will have applications in other arenas even if they can not produce a great script for you.

Comment

Wow. Another Black List thread that's devolved into a bitter back-and-forth. Shocker
              "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Kumbaya!!

Comment

Working...
                X