How long does it take for an ent lawyer to write up an option agreement?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take for an ent lawyer to write up an option agreement?

It's been a few weeks waiting, is that normal?
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Re: How long does it take for an ent lawyer to write up an option agreement?

Originally posted by Jules View Post
    It's been a few weeks waiting, is that normal?
    Yes. Your lawyer or their lawyer? Longer if it's their lawyer = free time for them.

Comment

Their lawyer, I worked it out that they 'engaged' them about a month ago.
      I thought it might take a week.

Comment

When you get it, your lawyer may want changes. You'll probably have a couple more weeks after you send it back before you get a signed contract.

Comment

Depends on the initial writing up, but the back and forth revisions between two lawyers can take months.
          Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

I was once told to expect it in one week but didn't get it until eight months later

Comment

By the time all the back and forth is done (multiple times) a few weeks is nothing. These are complicated agreements entailing rights for film, characters, future projects, TV, etc. Every aspect has to be worked out to the the satisfaction of all parties. Often the author is in no rush to get his side done and the attorneys aren't either.

It took me over six months to get it all finalized, but when it was done everything was spelled out -- including dozens of things I never thought about.
              If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
              Dave Barry

Comment

What's the best way to find a lawyer?

I wasn't sure I was going to need them we were going to do things by writers guild agreements

Comment

I had an agreement-in-principle with a producer on July 21st.

A little over a week ago I pinged my lawyer. He said things were being very slow because of it being August, with lots of people being out of town, but he "realistically" thought we could have an executed deal in 4 weeks, which would put us in the middle of September and not quite two months from the agreement-in-principle.

This is, I think, not unusual.

Comment

I wasn't sure I was going to need them we were going to do things by writers guild agreements
                    Message me if you want a referral.
                    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                    Dave Barry

Comment

I can give you a referral as well.

Comment

It takes as long as it does to chew through steel. Seriously, what's with these people.

Comment

Working...
                        X