Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Guess I'll throw another one up and see. I think it's pretty tight but I'm betting they hit me on plot. No reviews yet but it's set to request a download if'n it strikes you.

Supernatural Thriller

THE FLING

Logline: After a steamy one night stand with an intoxicating redhead, an architect's privileged life plummets into madness when he wakes the morning after to find her dead beside him.

www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/15369
    Last edited by AE35-Unit; 02-20-2014, 07:33 AM.
    We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

Got my second review, I got a 7 again, the second review was much better than the first one, although judging from the positive comments I thought I was gonna get a much higher score. Strange.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/8191

Comment

I'm probably being really stupid, but how do you download another writers script?

I've searched the ones that have been made 'writer downloadable', but on the script pages I can't see any option to read/ download it.

Comment

Originally posted by london89 View Post
          I'm probably being really stupid, but how do you download another writers script?

I've searched the ones that have been made 'writer downloadable', but on the script pages I can't see any option to read/ download it.
          You can't. This whole thread is misleading. It's aimed at the producers & managers at DD to DL their script, not other writers.
          M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
            You can't. This whole thread is misleading. It's aimed at the producers & managers at DD to DL their script, not other writers.

Ah, ok.

Thank you.

Comment

I posted this script in the thread awhile ago as a brief test run. Nothing really came of it, but now I've rewritten it twice and I was semi-finalist in the ScreenCraft Fellowship. Waiting for 2 paid reviews...

Unfortunate Ones

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/15631

Comment

Hi guys, this is another "should I display this review" question.

I'm new to The Black List, and I purchased two reviews from readers, both of which I just got back this weekend. One was a 6/10, one was an 8/10, which I'm really excited about. But reading the reviews, the 6 actually seemed much more glowing and positive than the 8. Should I display both reviews or hide the 6? People will be able to tell that I received a 6 even if I only display the 8 anyway, because my average stands at 7. So, I'm leaning towards displaying it. Are there any drawbacks to this?

Comment

Never mind, I see that the average is never posted.

Comment

Just received a satisfactory 7 for my second script - The Dark Parade

Bought a second review (hey, it's payday!) so I can get a bit of an average.

First script yielded a 5 and 6, so I can hopefully go a few points better. Also had some positive feedback from a script consultant.

Looking at both scripts side by side it feels like a (tiny) bit of progression so I'm in a good place and feeling positive about the next script.

Comment

Originally posted by pabloamigo View Post
                      Just received a satisfactory 7 for my second script - The Dark Parade

Bought a second review (hey, it's payday!) so I can get a bit of an average.

First script yielded a 5 and 6, so I can hopefully go a few points better. Also had some positive feedback from a script consultant.

Looking at both scripts side by side it feels like a (tiny) bit of progression so I'm in a good place and feeling positive about the next script.
                      Quick question, how fast did your evaluation come back? It's been almost two weeks for me and nothing yet.

Comment

About a week and a half for me. I suppose it might depend on the genre of your script and how stacked those particular readers are.

They will give you a free month's hosting if it goes over three weeks.

Comment

Overturned - One Hour Drama

Overall Score: 7

Logline:
                          A lawyer is blackmailed into overturning cases decided by his corrupt, recently convicted father who for years buried evidence as New York City D.A. If he doesn't cooperate, Daddy will expose the first case he ever covered up: his.

BL logline:
                          Hot-shot attorney WILL has managed to keep his relationship to his father JACK, a disgraced DA, a secret, but he's drawn back into Jack's orbit when his father requests Will's help in overturning a case Jack was involved in years earlier that left a woman widowed and penniless.

Prospects:
                          As mentioned before, with another pass, this could be an A+ legal pilot, a darker, more male-driven GOOD WIFE. It'd fit right at home on FOX or, with more focus on the gritty aspects of the script, a cable network like FX or A&E. Either way, it'll make a very strong sample, and demonstrates a strong understanding of character, plotting, and premise. A definite recommend.

Pages:

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/16040
                          Last edited by Anointed; 04-23-2014, 04:59 PM. Reason: Linked to view page

Comment

LADIES ONLY - 1/2 HOUR SITCOM

Genre: Comedy - Portlandia meets Workaholics

Series Logline

When three man-hating feminist roommates fail to pay their rent on time, their landlord rents a spare room in their house to an oafish young man who threatens to disrupt their "ladies only" lifestyle.

Strength:
                            The plot for LADIES ONLY was clearly and concisely laid out. There is no confusion about what the pilot and series would be about. Freya and Danielle will butt heads with Greg, and Jenine will slowly start to fall in love with him. The strongest aspects of this pilot are the contents of each act as well as each smooth transition between them.

Prospect:
                            This is a very commercially viable pilot. It can be set in any location for an inexpensive cause. The characters are fun and could attract a strong group of actors. The intended audience seems to be the 18-34 crowd. There have been a lot of tomboy girl lives with boys stories, but the boy living with feminist girls is relatively new and original. Networks are always looking for next Friends-type show around a group of twenty-somethings. With a modification in the language, this premise could be a popular one.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/16477
                            Last edited by sky777; 04-09-2014, 02:55 PM.
                            He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet. - Horace
                            It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - Erma
                            My eyes make pictures, when they are shut. - Samuel

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed View Post
                              Overturned - One Hour Drama

Overall Score: 7

Logline:
                              A lawyer is blackmailed into overturning cases decided by his corrupt, recently convicted father who for years buried evidence as New York City D.A. If he doesn't cooperate, Daddy will expose the first case he ever covered up: his.

BL logline:
                              Hot-shot attorney WILL has managed to keep his relationship to his father JACK, a disgraced DA, a secret, but he's drawn back into Jack's orbit when his father requests Will's help in overturning a case Jack was involved in years earlier that left a woman widowed and penniless.

Prospects:
                              As mentioned before, with another pass, this could be an A+ legal pilot, a darker, more male-driven GOOD WIFE. It'd fit right at home on FOX or, with more focus on the gritty aspects of the script, a cable network like FX or A&E. Either way, it'll make a very strong sample, and demonstrates a strong understanding of character, plotting, and premise. A definite recommend.

Pages:

With the second reveiw Overturned made the front page top list of serialized pilots. I also recently completed a 10-page treatment for seasons 1-6.

Revised logline:
                              After his estranged father Jack is convicted for corruption, cocky lawyer Will is drawn back into Jack’s orbit when he’s forced to re-work Jack’s old cases. If he doesn’t, Jack will expose the first crime he ever covered up: his.

Last edited by Anointed; 04-23-2014, 05:01 PM. Reason: Linked to view page

Comment

Never tried this site before. Decided to take the plunge. I uploaded my latest little baby and ordered two reviews. This is essentially a first draft that's been through one round of reader screening and minor tweaks, so putting it out there might be a stunning act of hubris. I'll let you know what my scores are if I don't get brutalized...and maybe even if I do.
                                Last edited by DaltWisney; 04-10-2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X