Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
    Hey, thanks for checking it out. I think. I tweaked the logline--let's see how this one flies.
    I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
      I like it!
      Thanks!
      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Thanks!
        Let us know when you get the review back -- hopefully your views (and downloads) will skyrocket!

Comment

Let us know when you get the review back -- hopefully your views (and downloads) will skyrocket!
          As a matter of fact--just got the review back. Overall a 7--the reader was extremely complimentary, felt it was a great premise with tremendous potential to attract a director and talent. We got an 8 in setting, the rest 7 and 6. I thought it was fair and the notes given fall under the development category.

Comment

As a matter of fact--just got the review back. Overall a 7--the reader was extremely complimentary, felt it was a great premise with tremendous potential to attract a director and talent. We got an 8 in setting, the rest 7 and 6. I thought it was fair and the notes given fall under the development category.
            Congrats! That's a terrific score! I think the subject matter sounds fascinating, and worthwhile, too.

Since you've got the story rights, you might think about also creating a (creative nonfiction-style) pilot for a three or four-part series for a cable outlet like the History Channel.

Good luck with it!

Comment

Congrats! That's a terrific score! I think the subject matter sounds fascinating, and worthwhile, too.

Since you've got the story rights, you might think about also creating a (creative nonfiction-style) pilot for a three or four-part series for a cable outlet like the History Channel.

Good luck with it!
              Thanks! If anyone would like to see the review, I'm happy to post it here. Of the three scripts I've done on the BL, this is the first review I can honestly say I'm pleased with. Yes, I could quibble with some points, but overall, I can't complain. This script is a visual feast for a director with vision---someone like Gutzon Borglum, for whom Mt. Rushmore became an obsession and a labor of love. The guy died basically penniless---much of his estate had to be sold to pay off debts incurred while he toiled on Mt. Rushmore. And his family doesn't get a dime from it. It's really a fascinating story, given his upbringing in a strict Mormon family.

Comment

Hey all, finally figured out why our script (Alice in Zombieland) wasn't available for writers to download from blcklst. Have fixed it now, so if you want to grab it you can do so here: https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/28082

Also got another review back. Number was lower than hoping, but comments were generally positive and helpful so can't complain...

"This script has some really thrilling, magical, and (above all) coherent and easy-to-follow action sequences. It's far more action-packed than most Alice in Wonderland adaptations, and it wears this action/adventure badge with pride. Alice in this story is a consummate "badass," and has a lot in common with Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor -- two other fantastic action heroes ripped out of their comfort zone by forces beyond their control. This script seems to effortlessly accomplish what other action-packed remakes of fantasy stories (such as Snow White and the Huntsman) failed to do, which is transform a largely inactive protagonist from the source material into a much more active one that is easier for modern audiences to root for. This quality, and the well-choreographed and fantastical fight scenes that show it off, is probably this script's greatest strength. The ways in which the story plays with preconceived notions about the Alice in Wonderland story to create a "twisty-turny" conspiracy plot-line is also clever, and helps this script stand out from other adaptations of the same source material. "Nothing in Wonderland is as it appears," says the Bishop in a particularly prescient line, and in the case of this script that is certainly true."

The rest of the evaluation is available online, if you're interested

Comment

taking the plunge (finally) . . .

i have two period scripts -- one a feature biopic and the second a one-hour pilot -- up on the site at the moment:

still waiting on the paid reviews for both but my pilot already has several industry downloads and one industry rating (a 7, which is about what i would have predicted)

[UPDATE: my two reader evaluations both also rated it a 7 overall with 8s for several elements, which makes it a current Top Pilot (yay)]

"On the whole this script is an impressive piece of work, offering a realistic perspective on a car company that manages to be both compelling and authentic, in feeling if not in fact. This is a script that would work perfectly for basic or premium cable -- the former with AMC, for the obvious comparisons to Mad Men in both content and style, and the latter with either HBO or Showtime, given its intelligent and complex plots. Though it would benefit from a greater emphasis on the personal lives of its characters, it constructs a compelling enough story out of their business lives that it remains a largely strong pilot. It will have little trouble garnering attention and agents seeking smart, engaging material that trusts its audience's intelligence."

"This script could do well as a Premium Cable or internet drama for its period authenticity and diverse class viewpoints of a quintessential American industry. It recommends its writer for staffing on a similar show."

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/31284

and the feature [. . . still waiting for some love]

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/31281
                  Last edited by JoeBanks; 07-17-2015, 12:23 AM. Reason: new info from my BL reviews

Comment

Hi All,

I posted a Dark Comedy, what do you think?

Logline: Eastbound and Down meets Entourage. A has-been writer enlists the help of a colorful team to make the only thing that can save his Hollywood career, Stretch Armstrong.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/32642

Thanks!
                    Last edited by JoeWright; 08-22-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

If anybody's interested, I'd appreciate your thoughts on my untitled drama screenplay.

It received an overall rating of 8 by a blacklist evaluator. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out:

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/32383

Thanks in advance to those who give it a glance.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWright View Post
                        Hi All,

I posted a Dark Comedy, what do you think?

Logline: Eastbound and Down meets Entourage. A has-been writer enlists the help of a colorful team to make the only thing that can save his Hollywood career, Stretch Armstrong.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/32642

Thanks!
                        I'd work on the logline. Don't compare your script to other shows (that was told to me by a well known manager). Also, a Stretch Armstrong project has been in the works in Hollywood for years.

Comment

I looked through other log lines, I don't see the trend anywhere else, I will remove the compassion, thanks.

The Stretch Armstrong project is famous for being in "development" for so long, and nothing will ever come from it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWright View Post
                            I will remove the compassion, thanks.
                            No! We need more compassion in this world
                            "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
                              No! We need more compassion in this world
                              Lol. Extra embarrassing, typos in a writer's forum..

Comment

Originally posted by hb7 View Post
                                If anybody's interested, I'd appreciate your thoughts on my untitled drama screenplay.

It received an overall rating of 8 by a blacklist evaluator. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out:

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/32383

Thanks in advance to those who give it a glance.
                                I don't think anyone's had any success posting scores on this forum. I'd definitely start querying with "Blacklist 8" in the subject line.
                                I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Working...
                                X