Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible scenes

-when Forrest Gump sees Captain Dan walking on magic legs at his wedding, learns he is engaged, and the difficult chemistry between Captain Dan and Jenny is there for all to feel. Powerful. Took the whole movie to make that work like it did.

edit: i meant Lieutenant Dan. guess i liked the character so much i promoted him.
    Last edited by AnconRanger; 07-29-2017, 06:41 AM.

Re: Incredible scenes

in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, when the captain's hand is shaking while holding a compass, after they finally have a decent possible locate on ryan. all of the soldiers in his unit take in his hand shaking. the captain's first sergeant wants him to put the compass and his shaking hand away where the troops won't have to look at either. his shaking hand is disturbing.

then...under a shaky captain...and a unit that is beginning to come apart, they run into bad stuff. what happened in that scene with the medic kept bleeding into the rest of the movie.

that shaking hand, holding a compass, was an extremely powerful moment in that movie. especially at the end, when the same hand was still.

powerful.

Comment

Anthony Hopkins in The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1982 tv movie) where he is helping Esmerelda escape with her friend/husband. She turns to Quasimodo (hopkins) and asks why he is helping her. He replies, "I would do anything for you."
      I just sob all over the place at that scene.

If you haven't seen Hopkins as Quasimodo, please do, he is magnificent in the role. I first saw this film on tv when I was a little kid and his performance stuck with me.

Comment

i'll check that out.

when Hopkins' (his character) father dies in that movie where he is a head butler, is an awful scene. you know then where this guy is heading. and he didn't turn around his ship. that movie (what's the title?) was about as close to making a horror movie without making a movie a horror movie as i have ever watched.

that movie with Hopkins, Alec Baldwin and the grizzly...was not a good movie but Hopkins made it entertaining. I'm a fan of really bad movies, and to me it falls into that category, so it gets a big thumbs up from me. love terrible movies. they try so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by AnconRanger View Post
          i'll check that out.

when Hopkins' (his character) father dies in that movie where he is a head butler, is an awful scene. you know then where this guy is heading. and he didn't turn around his ship. that movie (what's the title?) was about as close to making a horror movie without making a movie a horror movie as i have ever watched.

that movie with Hopkins, Alec Baldwin and the grizzly...was not a good movie but Hopkins made it entertaining. I'm a fan of really bad movies, and to me it falls into that category, so it gets a big thumbs up from me. love terrible movies. they try so hard.

The Remains of the Day. I like that film.

The Edge. It was ok, could have been so much better.

Comment

yes. there was something about that movie that almost made it a horror movie. course the horror of WWII approaching was the weather forecast, but it was dark in that huge house. very dark. hopkins' character ended up like that huge musty lonely house. his love gave him a chance to escape his life. many times. she was in love with him. get out of that house. when he finally tried to it was too late. she'd long ago moved on...in ways. but not in some. tragic story.

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises opening plane scene. Somehow literally every single line of dialogue became immortalized through memes.

Comment

One of my favorite scenes which is actually disturbing, but I still enjoy it... Is when one by one the rogue DEA team starts to show up to an apartment in THE PROFESSIONAL for a raid at noon. The way they appear individually to this apartment hallway is cool, each not talking but bringing their own individual style, then Gary Oldman shows up and swallows a pill before entering the apartment killing a family whose father owes him a key of cocaine... the entire scene is amazing to me right down to the music. The character Gary Oldman plays is one of my favorite cinematic villains bar none. I even will add the scene in the end when Gary Oldman's character gets his just-due is pretty cool. I don't know if it's under-rated but no one talks enough about that film. It made a big impact with me.

Comment

The ending of Whiplash, which serves as a brilliant (and emotionally satisfying) exclamation point to the rest of the film.

Comment

The amazing 6 min fight scene from They Live

John Carpenter was really into prof wrestling at the time so thank you Mr. Carpenter for giving us that awesome fight scene.

"I'm giving you a choice, either put on these glasses or start eating that trash can."

Comment

The end of DRIVING MISS DAISY. Hoke feeding Daisy her holiday pie. Boolie driving Hoke to the nursing home to visit his mother, etc. Hoke can no longer drive. Over the course of the story, he became her best friend and brick by brick knocked down her walls. that made that powerful scene possible. real.

Great ending. love story of friendship. a great story.
                      Last edited by AnconRanger; 09-07-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

When MacGruber accidentally blew up his team.

Comment

The bank robbery scene/gun fight in HEAT (Dinero/Pacino) as well as the minute leading up to it. Fantastic. Tense.

Comment

spoilers---

in ARTHUR, the hospital scene with a sober arthur and hobson, who is dying in a hospital. the scene with arthur disturbed by the mounted moose head on the wall. the scene when hobson drops off the dress to linda.

shifting gears, i think the orginal 3:10 TO YUMA is a really, really good movie. but i think the remake, and the scenes of dan evans and ben wade in the saloon, dan nervous and wanting to get paid by a killer, and then the bloody ending between dan, ben, charlie prince and dan's son, really made the remake an outstanding movie. dan dying in the final minutes was somewhat expected, but he went out a hero in his son's eyes, not the coward he had thought of himself since the war. and nice twist at the very end, knowing ben wade decided to let dan get him on the train to yuma, if he could do it and live through it, but he had no intentions of going back to prison. kind of like in ARTHUR in the last scene when the dudley moore character takes the money. kind of like that but so different. it was like arthur found the one thing he didn't have and needed...linda, and he fought to get her. and the ben wade character found a soul that he had forgotten he had, and he wrestled with it the whole movie.
                            Last edited by AnconRanger; 09-08-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

The opening to UP has stayed with me - so much conveyed with little to no dialogue.
                              826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

Working...
                              X