Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amanda Script Gal still doing coverage?

Originally posted by MAWriter View Post
    A better question is:

WHY are you using Script Gal?

You must not have a lot of experience. MOST of the "services" available out there (especially online) for naive screenwriters consist of people who are basically taking your money to correct things you could do yourself with minimal research, and will not get you anywhere with your writing.

I've conversed with quite a few folks who used Amanda; the general consensus is that her "notes" are a joke.
    I can't talk about Amanda as I've never used her but I wouldn't throw most other coverage services under the bus. Sure there are plenty of shoddy ones out there like the ones charging hundreds just for basic notes but people do need help. I've used Screenplay Readers and another independent Scott Mullen who often frequents Amazon Studios and found them extremely helpful. I doubt you can correct plot, character depth, dialogue etc by doing research whereas formatting and the like you can easily find in any book or online screenwriting site but sometimes help, even if it's paid for, is needed. I've found free places like Zoetrope very helpful but some of the reviews I've had make little sense and are useless. Nothing wrong with splashing out a few bucks but when I see someone wanting hundreds if not thousands, they can kiss my shiny.....

Comment

No one's harder on paid services than me, but her notes are definitely not a joke. No idea what's going on now, but I once did an anonymous test of her service to review it here, and her coverage was impressive.

Comment

I've used her twice as well, and had a great experience both times with very helpful notes.

Comment

It is okay when you get it, but there are dozen or more people who did not get anything from a Scriptgal, even an email saying okay I can't do it. So on average ScriptGal servises are poor. And it could be underlined , that it s on your own risk , you may get a servise, or you may just waist your time (for two months and more).

Originally posted by wsaunders View Post
          I've used her twice as well, and had a great experience both times with very helpful notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekolino View Post
            It is okay when you get it, but there are dozen or more people who did not get anything from a Scriptgal, even an email saying okay I can't do it. So on average ScriptGal servises are poor. And it could be underlined , that it s on your own risk , you may get a servise, or you may just waist your time (for two months and more).
            Dude, please tell me you have dyslexia or something because typing that mess on a screenwriting forum probably ain't doing you justice.

Comment

I've used ScriptGal before and received laser-sharp notes from Amanda. I wouldn't hesitate to use her again.
              PuppyTummy.com

Comment

Working...
              X