Congrats to DD'er Geoff LaTulippe - more exciting news!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to DD'er Geoff LaTulippe - more exciting news!

As a newbie on this board, it's really exciting and encouraging to see members doing so well.

I just saw that Geoff's "Going the Distance" script will star the queen of romantic comedies, Drew Barrymore! How exciting is that!

Congrats to you, Geoff, on your latest piece of great news. And thank you again for your generous offer to be a "prize" in Wilsonead's contest.

This site is really a goldmine for someone like me and I really appreciate the sharing that goes on. Hope I get the chance to do the same some day.

Re: Congrats to DD'er Geoff LaTulippe - more exciting news!

Justin Long's pegged to start in it.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Way to go Geoff... you're an inspiration to all of us!

Can't wait to see your name in lights...
      Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Comment

That's excellent.

Comment

Interesting. Didn't Long and Barrymore used to date? This is like something out of Entourage.
          Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

They did indeed, wilsoneads. And you know what that means...free publicity from gossip bloggers! An awesomely accidental ancillary benefit.

My alliteration is killing today.

Thank you guys so much for all the kind words. I promise to do my damndest to make you DDers proud.

Comment

Is your script available to read Geoff, it's always nice to read a script that's been sold by a member.

If not, understand completely.
              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Hey goose? Is it possible to get a copy of this script? I'd love to give it a read if you can.

Comment

Kudos from me, too, Geoff! I have no doubt you'll make us proud...tell Drew hi for me .

Comment

Originally posted by goosetown View Post
                    My alliteration is killing today.
                    It really is. Congrats on that too.
                    The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Congrats Geoff . This is the closest I can get on the computer to doing a cartwheel for you!
                      "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Originally posted by goosetown View Post
                        I promise to do my damndest to make you DDers proud.
                        You already have.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Thanks a bunch, guys!

As far as those of you that asked about the script...the original version - the one that sold - is out there. And I believe easily attainable. I'm sure there's someone on the board that can pass it to you if you ask nicely

The current draft, however, I cannot give out. But hopefully, if the movie ends up getting made, you'll find it a vast improvement over what sold. Luckily, everyone from the people at New Line to the people at Offspring to the director (Nanette Burstein) have all been really great about keeping the tone and the spirit of the original script, and I'd say that it's probably still 75% intact.

Comment

Congrats Geoff, good to see things are going so well for you.

Comment

Way to go, Geoff! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X