No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October 2019 Contest + results

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post

Related perhaps, usually there's some opinions and discussion following the results announcements, but like the previous contest, even that's falling away too.
    I'm always very hesitant to add comment. Given the stage of my entries, I'm not sure I have anything of value to add
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

My votes were:

1st - Pandemic
      2nd - Bury Me Deep
      3rd - The Chemist

A lot were close and tough decisions were made.
      As for mine (The Credit Bureau) I had an idea that I really liked (and still do) but there was no way it would work in 8 pages or less. I thought it was over. Then, two days before the deadline I went for a walk with the fam and found that wall like thing just sitting in a field. When my wife tried to shove me through the hole in the bottom, I knew I was on to something.

Comment

I understand, Southern_land. I do not feel I am at a level where I should offer criticism of another's writing. If more persons entered and started throwing kindhearted mud at me, I might change my mind.

Comment

FWIW, I sat this one out because the prompt (finding a body while burying a body) was too specific for my taste - felt like using someone else's idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
            FWIW, I sat this one out because the prompt (finding a body while burying a body) was too specific for my taste - felt like using someone else's idea.
            Yeah maybe not everybody's cup of tea, the alternative was suggested if that didn't suit, write something Halloween or horror themed instead, que sera maybe next time.

Comment

Working...
            X