Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Articles, Books, Blogs, Magazines, DVDs & Podcasts
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #41
sc111

Default Re: James Franco sued

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post

Bringing this back to screenwriting, this is actually a great example of how to reveal character through dialogue, unpleasant as it may be, charged topics should not be avoided, imo, I like to know who im speaking to. Im stating a POV, based on my experience.

FA4
Ditto. I like to know who I'm speaking to because people reveal themselves in so many ways.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #42
GucciGhostXXX

I just think: How fukkin stupid, desperate and clueless do you gotta be to start a "This is how to do sex scenes" class?

Most of that sh!t is cut from scripts anyway as being irrelevant, because no one cares about those scenes. That's the biggest RED FLAG for me here.

Definitely feels like grooming to me. Look, I like fukkin chicks as much as the next guy (now only my chick... and HELL NO I don't cheat! Not my style) but, how does this sound like a good idea to ANY dude? Why would you even WANT to fukk chicks via manipulation? I never fukked chicks who didn't want to fukk me just as much right back. Otherwise, it would have been a turn off for me. You ain't into me? No worries.

This whole concept (of classes) is fukkin absurd. What's most shocking to me is that his reps didn't say "DUDE... WHAT??? NO! You ain't doing that. That's a terrible idea for your career, at the very least." Or maybe they did speak up. Or... worse... maybe they looked the other way like in so many of these cases. By so many I literally mean ALL OF THEM.

I know for a fact that in one of those cases the agent told the victim to "Let it go... otherwise it'll hurt your career. This town loves them, don't make waves." This was 20 years ago. Hollywood pretending like they had no clue about these predators is an absolute LIE. So, to hear them get up on stage with their FAKE-WOKE speeches makes want to PUKE... in their lap.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #43
figment

I'm with others in voting we DELETE the thread.

Will, Moderators, ANYONE?

When I read about it, I just thought, how sad that this person who -- through acting -- made millions and achieved fame, and yet chose to use that same fame and money to seemingly harm other ACTORS.

Talk about revealing character.

Anyway, I'll try to be less controversial in my topics. You know, like what we feel about Scorsese saying comic book movies aren't cinema. That won't promote different opinions at all!! Just kidding.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #44
sc111

[quote=GucciGhostXXX;969002]

Definitely feels like grooming to me. ... but, how does this sound like a good idea to ANY dude? Why would you even WANT to fukk chicks via manipulation? I/QUOTE]

Because it's more about power and control than it is about sex. Getting a woman to submit to his will because he is a "powerful" man. It's covert rape.

Just jumping into bed with a completely willing adult woman without the manipulation doesn't do it for him. He needs to exert power over them to get off. If he gets off at all.

BTW: news reports also note Franco was using Instagram to get 17 year olds to meet him in hotel rooms even after they told him they were 17. Not just one 17 yo. Two. He didn't deny it. He said he made "bad choices."

If you read the articles with multiple women confirming his behavior on set, like asking women students acting in a "bonus" scene for one of his never-released indie films to expose their breasts in a group scene ... then storming off in a hissy fit when they all said no.

This reveals a lot.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #45
megablahblah
User

No, you're psychotic because you label people as predators and criminals without knowing their intent. Two situations that appear to have the same elements does not mean they are actually the same, just because you imagine in your head that you know what people were thinking and feeling.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #46
Rantanplan

Has Franco ever even been in a sex scene?
Old 10-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #47
figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantanplan View Post
He played a male prostitute in a movie directed by Nic Cage. Very long time ago. I'm not sure if he was "James Franco" then or a nobody? It grossed 30k, so, I'm guessing it... wasn't good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305973/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
Old 10-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #48
lostfootage
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantanplan View Post
No, he's been in something worse. Naked and Afraid with Seth Rogen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuKbXp2tOPc
Old 10-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #49
Rantanplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostfootage View Post

My eyes! MY EYES!
Old 10-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #50
finalact4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostfootage View Post

i wish i hadn't clicked on that-- i can't unsee it now. i knew i would be bad. ugh.