Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Business Questions and Advice
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #111
Bono

Default Re: A Note about Notes

Last thoughts on this....

1. It's much easier to give notes to good going to be great scripts than terrible ones. So keep that in mind when sometimes you get terrible notes -- well maybe you gave them nothing to work with. Hard to do intention when you gave them a pile of rubbish to try and decode.

2. Find note givers that click with you. Same with reps. It's not easy. I rarely get feedback on my notes. It seems 99% of what I write to people, they say nothing or they fight back. So it's never like "thanks for much." Maybe on here. So I don't know honestly why any of us do it free. I guess we're stupid. Our managers don't read our crap for free.... they are doing it to make money off us.

3. It's always your script when getting notes from friends. Easy to go back and forth.

4. When you get into Hollywood, it won't be your script anymore. Welcome to hell! If you argue every point, you won't last very long. Got to "take the notes" then do the ones that work for you.

5. Don't ask for notes if you don't want them. This seems simple, but some writers I know don't really want them. Or need them.

6. I spent more time giving notes the past two months than writing. Don't do that! That's bad! Find a balance.

7. Get off DD. Oh wait, that's not about notes.

8. Good luck.

3 more to go...
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote