Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Loading

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #21
Incognito
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 237
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopolis View Post
Ed, That's what my wife has been telling me that I have to pay more attention to the family rather than to an imaginary Hollywood career.
Good advice.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #22
grumpywriter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 807
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Good advice.
VERY good advice.

Kids/family will always make you happier than anything in the screenwriting can
grumpywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #23
madworld
Member
 
madworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Otisburg
Posts: 642
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFury View Post
Touch God's Beard? We have different priorities. I love writing. I love being involved in the creations of film and TV. I love it all. But it pales in comparison to my family. My wife and kids and their families. That's what I thank God for every day.
I feel exactly the same way. Just very grateful. If the career can happen - great - but I've already got it all.
madworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #24
Mpimentel
Regular
 
Mpimentel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 433
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madworld View Post
I feel exactly the same way. Just very grateful. If the career can happen - great - but I've already got it all.

I'm the exact opposite, and maybe life will change me... But I feel it's more important for me to accomplish something that will last after I'm gone.

I feel if I can inspire future generations with whatever I do while I'm here, that overshadows trying to please myself or the people around me in this small moment.

I feel like life's pleasures are just distractions from what I'm supposed to do. And again, maybe time will change me... Maybe on my deathbed I'll be that guy saying "wish I would have spent more time with my family/friends", but alas I can only do what I feel now. I have no kids or plans of having any, any time soon (obviously too selfish right now for that)...

Doing this, is literally more important to me than friends, family, social life... The burning desire to create, over-shadows reason.

I am a creator, maybe I created myself here, to give myself a vacation from creating, but even in this temporary getaway I still need to create.
__________________
"We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
SUBTITLED
Episode 1 (Beef pills)
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #25
madworld
Member
 
madworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Otisburg
Posts: 642
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpimentel View Post
I'm the exact opposite, and maybe life will change me... But I feel it's more important for me to accomplish something that will last after I'm gone.

I feel if I can inspire future generations with whatever I do while I'm here, that overshadows trying to please myself or the people around me in this small moment.

I feel like life's pleasures are just distractions from what I'm supposed to do. And again, maybe time will change me... Maybe on my deathbed I'll be that guy saying "wish I would have spent more time with my family/friends", but alas I can only do what I feel now. I have no kids or plans of having any, any time soon (obviously too selfish right now for that)...

Doing this, is literally more important to me than friends, family, social life... The burning desire to create, over-shadows reason.

I am a creator, maybe I created myself here, to give myself a vacation from creating, but even in this temporary getaway I still need to create.
You will get no judgement from me brother. Best of luck that you achieve your goals. All I can say is that experiencing life through your kids' eyes is something really really magical. And putting good people into this world is the legacy I will be the most proud of.
madworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #26
Mpimentel
Regular
 
Mpimentel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 433
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madworld View Post
You will get no judgement from me brother. Best of luck that you achieve your goals. All I can say is that experiencing life through your kids' eyes is something really really magical. And putting good people into this world is the legacy I will be the most proud of.
And that's why I mentioned the "I don't have kids" thing, because that is a way to leave something behind, and that is probably the greatest creation one can be a part of... But I can't yet feel it, because I am not there... Maybe one day

And, thank you.
__________________
"We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
SUBTITLED
Episode 1 (Beef pills)
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #27
surftatboy
Member
 
surftatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 676
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

When you're on your death-bed, you do not, even for a split second, think about film. Promise. Been there done that.

Google Steve Jobs dying thoughts. It was assuredly not about Apple.

"Film is about life. Life is not about film." ~Surftatboy
surftatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #28
Incognito
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 237
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpimentel View Post

I feel if I can inspire future generations with whatever I do while I'm here

.
If this is really what you want to do go and make art out of the frozen tears of homeless women, or something. Not choose trying to write movies for Hollywood.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #29
Mpimentel
Regular
 
Mpimentel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 433
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surftatboy View Post
When you're on your death-bed, you do not, even for a split second, think about film. Promise. Been there done that.

Google Steve Jobs dying thoughts. It was assuredly not about Apple.

"Film is about life. Life is not about film." ~Surftatboy
Oh I know, as I said maybe in my dying bed I'd be one of the people that says "wish I would have spent more time with my family"...

The thing about that is, however, that maybe that is what I would feel THEN, but this is what I feel NOW, everyday now.. not just on my deathbed.. That's a very short time.

Guess I could spend my life making sure on my deathbed I don't feel a certain way, for those few fleeing moments, or make sure I don't feel a certain way right now, for all these years.

I'm willing to bet, that had Steve Jobs recovered, he would have been right back to work and that moment would just have been that, a moment. Some people just have to work, and do, and create, over everything... It is insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
If this is really what you want to do go and make art out of the frozen tears of homeless women, or something. Not choose trying to write movies for Hollywood.
Just because it's Hollywood and money is being made doesn't mean it's not art, and it's not inspiring.

Films tell our stories and lots of films as well as music define a time period. You say "hollywood" as if that means sell out or popcorn... If I'm able to create something that'll be quoted, or something that is referenced 100 years after I'm gone... Or maybe inspire someone else to write movies because that's what they saw me do and I gave them a feeling they want to relive... Then I'm alive.

Elvis is alive, and probably always will be.

I wanna be Elvis.

I'm not trying to argue that I'm right btw, just being honest about my feelings. To me, THIS is what I'm here for... Everything else is distraction.

Wolves run in packs, they fight, they mate, hunt, eat, have a social status and so on... I can spend my life living like that, but I have the power to CREATE... That's what makes me different than those animals.... Why would I live life like them? Why would I aspire to just be that?

When, or if I have kids perhaps I will come here singing a different tune, and I will say "man, you guys were soooo right"... But I can't fake a feeling I don't have now.

__________________
"We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
SUBTITLED
Episode 1 (Beef pills)
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #30
madworld
Member
 
madworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Otisburg
Posts: 642
Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpimentel View Post
Oh I know, as I said maybe in my dying bed I'd be one of the people that says "wish I would have spent more time with my family"...

The thing about that is, however, that maybe that is what I would feel THEN, but this is what I feel NOW, everyday now.. not just on my deathbed.. That's a very short time.

Guess I could spend my life making sure on my deathbed I don't feel a certain way, for those few fleeing moments, or make sure I don't feel a certain way right now, for all these years.

I'm willing to bet, that had Steve Jobs recovered, he would have been right back to work and that moment would just have been that, a moment. Some people just have to work, and do, and create, over everything... It is insane.



Just because it's Hollywood and money is being made doesn't mean it's not art, and it's not inspiring.

Films tell our stories and lots of films as well as music define a time period. You say "hollywood" as if that means sell out or popcorn... If I'm able to create something that'll be quoted, or something that is referenced 100 years after I'm gone... Or maybe inspire someone else to write movies because that's what they saw me do and I gave them a feeling they want to relive... Then I'm alive.

Elvis is alive, and probably always will be.

I wanna be Elvis.

I'm not trying to argue that I'm right btw, just being honest about my feelings. To me, THIS is what I'm here for... Everything else is distraction.

Wolves run in packs, they fight, they mate, hunt, eat, have a social status and so on... I can spend my life living like that, but I have the power to CREATE... That's what makes me different than those animals.... Why would I live life like them? Why would I aspire to just be that?

When, or if I have kids perhaps I will come here singing a different tune, and I will say "man, you guys were soooo right"... But I can't fake a feeling I don't have now.

Not really for me to tell you this, but absolutely, you can be who you want to be. Your feelings are as valid as anybody on this board. So if you want it, go after it with everything you have. Rumble young man, rumble.
madworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro

eXTReMe Tracker