Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey, This Film Doesn't Suck At All!!!

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    That's fine. But I'll fight to the death to defend my belief, which also happens to be the truth.
    Oh, "the truth". Nice to have that tucked away in your back pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
      Why don't you go look up the definition of "joke"?

If you honestly thought I was serious and not using hyperbole for emphasis, then I don't believe I can help someone with a condition as dire as yours. Professional counseling is recommended. Or at least a sense of humor.

Don't take everything so seriously. You'll live longer.
      Yeah, you really broke out the A-list material for that joke. And what timing! I'd love to see you on stage delivering your tried and true schtick. With such choice comedy bits like "That movie was like a turd in my drink" and "You're a retard if you liked UNSTOPPABLE" I bet you'll really bring down the house.

BTW, it's been three minutes since you posted about how the last film you saw was a crime against humanity and how the director should be tried at the Hague. What gives? You're audience awaits, sire.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk808 View Post
        Who other than Bio would trash Ronin? Perfectly serviceable action flick with great car chase.
        Ronin is definitely serviceable - not great, but not terrible, either.

Amazing car chase.

Comment

Oh for heaven's sake, quit bickering.
          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
            Super Troopers is just lazy story telling and a lot of people hate it, especially critics, but for some reason I love that movie.
            I'd love to hear you explain how it is lazy story telling.
            Originally posted by Great White Mark
            Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

A lot of people will disagree with me, but i thought Cop Out was pretty good. The casting choices were terrible though...

Comment

Liking some of the picks on here:

Lynch's DUNE for sure.

THE FOUNTAIN most definitely a sleeper masterpiece that got ripped a new one.

BEVERLY HILLS COP 2 I'm totally down with this flick.

NATIONAL TREASURE...watched it last week and love it still. The sequel's not that good though.

I'd like to add:

EYES WIDE SHUT - Kubrick's most hated on film (60% RT rating). I can't stop watching this film once it starts. Nicole Kidman is HOT in this.

GRINDHOUSE - Watching this was the most fun I've had at the theater in my life. For some fvcked up reason this got panned.

STAR WARS: EPISODES I - III - Sure they didn't live up to expectations, but this was Georgie's story and he told it how he wanted to. Watch them again. They're fvcking great!

ARMAGEDDON and PEARL HARBOR - Michael Bay at his blow 'em up while tracking slow-mo peak. Both of these are actually quite enjoyable, especially when watched for some of the camp value.

SNAKE EYES - Brian DePalma + Nic Cage + Split Screens = cheesy radicalness.

DIE HARD II - Carson had it wrong in his review. I can watch this over and over with a sh!t-eating grin on my face the whole time.

ULTRAVIOLET - Completely rocking action flick written and directed by the Kurt Wimmer.

THE DION BROTHERS (aka THE GRAVY TRAIN) - Script by Terrance Malick. Stars Stacey Keach. Lost in B-Movie obscurity.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

I love Eyes Wide Shut and Michael Bay's good movies.

Comment

I'm not sure if people realize what a great film Joe Dante's MATINEE is.

Comment

A few of my favourite, Hey! This Doesn't Suck style movies..

Pearl Harbor
                      The Fast & The Furious : Tokyo Drift (by far my fave of the series!)

Comment

@KeenGuy: Watched MATINEE on Netflix and thought it was a lot of fun. LOVE Goodman in it. In fact, Joe Dante movies in general are underrated. Though JOE VERSUS THE VOLCANO remains the worst movie I've ever watched.

I'd also like to add SALT to this list. It was my favorite of all the Oscar nominated movies this year.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I thought these would suck hard but I enjoyed them:

BUBBLE BOY
                            THE CORE
                            NATIONAL TREASURE
                            13 GOING ON 30
                            DOWN WITH LOVE
                            NURSE BETTY
                            MOULIN ROUGE
                            THE ISLAND

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                              THE WAY OF THE GUN.
                              I call foul. That doesn't seem like playing the thread's game to me. Most people I know have not heard of this movie, so I direct them to watch it, it's got some unforgettable moments. I don't recall hearing biases (or having one) to the effect that it wouldn't be good but turned out okay.

Two movies I recall thinking "oboy why am I about to do this to myself" before watching but ended up enjoying were Jeepers Creepers & Final Destination 2.

Comment

Did someone say JEEPERS CREEPERS?

Kinda like, finally.

Comment

Working...
                                X