Where to get a burner phone in Los Angeles?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a burner phone in Los Angeles?

My character is going to hunt down an escapee in Los Angeles.

She needs a burner phone to make a call without the target recognizing her number.

All she has is cash. Can you get a simple phone at a 7-11 for Cash or is there a better place?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Where to get a burner phone in Los Angeles?

If you're in San Francisco as your info says then you'll know where she can get one - LA will be no different. If the USA is anything like here then that's at any electronic store, second hand shop, market or supermarket.

As for her plan - what if the target rejects numbers she doesn't recognise?
    M.A.G.A.

Comment

I'm in outer exurban San Francisco area, and I wouldn't know where to get a cell phone in the city either, sadly. Mark me uncool.

So- 7-11? Would a T-Mobile store or similar sell a prepaid?

Comment

Here is a quote from an article that might help a little:

Where can I buy one?
        I mentioned Walmart above only because Walmart is everywhere and they carry burner phones, but you can also try looking at local convenience stores like Rite Aid, your nearest 7-Eleven, any kind of "Dollar- store, Target, Metro PCS, et cetera. Expect to pay around $10-$40 for the phone and purchase a prepaid plan on top of that.

If you're at the store, the prepaid plan-or "phone card--should come from the same company whose phone you purchased, simply as a matter of convenience. Otherwise you could opt for something like the OneSimCard, which you'll can then refill online using Bitcoin or credit card gift cards-not your regular credit card.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pardack View Post
          I'm in outer exurban San Francisco area, and I wouldn't know where to get a cell phone in the city either, sadly. Mark me uncool.

So- 7-11? Would a T-Mobile store or similar sell a prepaid?
          I think if I need a pre-paid burner phone for my movie character, she walks into any 7-11 type store or best buy or cell phone display at the mall and grabs one.

Target. Walmart. Gas station. I bet you can buy one from a kiosk in the mall too.

In San Fran -- like NYC -- I bet there is a guy on the street selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pardack View Post
            My character is going to hunt down an escapee in Los Angeles.

She needs a burner phone to make a call without the target recognizing her number.

All she has is cash. Can you get a simple phone at a 7-11 for Cash or is there a better place?

Thank you in advance.
            Not an especially filmic solution, but in real life, I'd use the *67 prefix, assuming this escapee isn't unduly tech-savvy. But if you do want to use a burner phone, all suggestions made in this thead are viable. One thing that seems to have changed though -- in the real world, these phones can no longer be used immediately, as in the famed "Bourne Ultimatum" Waterloo train station sequence.

Comment

Do people still answer calls, if they don't recognize the number? Who wants to talk to telemarketers?

If your character wants the fugitive to pick up, it might be better for them to use call spoofing to make it look like the call originated from a number that is known to the recipient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

Comment

Working...
              X