This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TitanCreed's Coverage Service!

No pass/consider/etc. but good, actionable notes for less than dinner for two at Applebee's (including tax and tip).

Comment

Originally posted by EnsconcedinVelvet View Post
      Does he do pass/consider/recommend?
      Logline?
      imo, the goal of independent coverage isn't to try and get your script pegged as an arbitrary "pass/consider." A pass/consider for whom? Every studio and production company is still going to have their own readers, and their own needs as far as what they want to pursue. Also, a "consider" from one reader might still be a pass from another.

Independent coverage is more of a tool to improve things you might not have caught on your own, so that when you do get read by a studio or prod co by THEIR readers, you're putting your best script forward. It's a fresher second set of eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
        No pass/consider/etc. but good, actionable notes for less than dinner for two at Applebee's (including tax and tip).

imo, the goal of independent coverage isn't to try and get your script pegged as an arbitrary "pass/consider." A pass/consider for whom? Every studio and production company is still going to have their own readers, and their own needs as far as what they want to pursue. Also, a "consider" from one reader might still be a pass from another.

Independent coverage is more of a tool to improve things you might not have caught on your own, so that when you do get read by a studio or prod co by THEIR readers, you're putting your best script forward. It's a fresher second set of eyes.
        I was just curious. The pass/consider makes it more fun for me, and really this should be fun, right? I've used ExtHollywoodDay a few times and he doesn't do the pass/consider thing. Not a deal-breaker at all.

Comment

My notes had a section called DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS.

That may give you a hint of pass/consider/recommend

Comment

Wow, thank you all so much for the sticky! I hope I can continue to earn the business I have received from DDP.

To give people an idea of the notes I provide, here is a direct link to a sample. The $30 notes provide everything up until the final page. The $100 notes add on what the final page samples.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g...ew?usp=sharing

More information can be found on this thread (though some might be out of date):

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=77219

Multiple people have asked or encouraged me to raise my prices. I do have a website (www.fourstarnotes.com) where my prices are much higher. The DDP discount used to be much smaller (I think it was $25 off), but my prices kept rising (mostly due to the encouragement of a few producers).

I haven't risen them on DDP for a variety of reasons I won't get into right now. If I were going to raise my notes, it would be to $50. Alternatively, I'll just offer a +50% for getting your notes in under a week and +100% for getting them in three days.

Many of my favorite experiences have been with DDP clients. I don't want to jeopardize that.

On ratings:

I used to give PASS / CONSIDER / RECOMMEND when I started. I eventually dropped them for a few reasons.

To begin with, I have never offered CONSIDER WITH REVISIONS. It doesn't have any use in a studio in my experience.

The first reason I dropped the rating system is that different scripts are good for different studios. The idea of some universal scale for scripts is nonsensical. I've spoken about this with other services. If someone gives you a rating or a score, make sure you know what circumstances they're assuming.

Obviously, when I'm reading for a producer I give ratings. However, on the same script, I'm going to give a very different rating to my Christian Conservative producers than to the low level producer wants something raunchy to shoot over a summer. Obviously, I can guess how a target studio will react, but I'd much rather do that through a development prospect section.

The other issue was that I wanted to avoid writers coming back to me multiple times in the hopes of getting to a CONSIDER or RECOMMEND. That's not what notes should be about. Nobody should take notes and try to cater the script to the reader. Ideally, a writer should take my notes and say, "He was right about this, this, and this, but I'm sticking to my guns on this.-

Finally, even if you have a great script that's a perfect fit for a studio, there's always the chance that there's something similar in development and you'll get a PASS. So even if I perfectly anticipate a studio's reaction, giving a rating is disingenuous on my part.

I will give a PASS on Applebee's, though.

Texas Roadhouse gets the RECOMMEND.

I am a critic first and a writer second.

I have a background in development and currently provide low-cost coverage.

More info here: www.FourStarNotes.com

Comment

Hey Titan, you around? I emailed the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by EnsconcedinVelvet View Post
                Hey Titan, you around? I emailed the other day.
                Yes? I think I only have one DDP email I haven't responded to. Can you resend it?

Comment

Once again Jeff has performed his magic. Great notes. Great price. He's my go to guy from now on.

Thanks Jeff.

Comment

Hello, everyone!

I would like to thank you all for your continued business. I have met many new and wonderful clients through DDP.

Unfortunately, as many of you know, delays have become increasingly common for DDP users. Virtually all of you have been understanding of this and grasped that the arrangement includes both deadlines and discounts.

Not only have you all understood that such things are common, almost all of you have chosen to waive additional discounts offered for missed deadlines. Most of you have been patient, professional, and great to work with all around. For that and your patience, I am greatly appreciative.

However I still feel bad about it. I also don't want to raise my prices for DDP users for a variety of reasons.

Instead, I have decided to try out a new system that is hopefully both more convenient and transparent. The following link will provide a daily update for how many Done Deal Pro projects I have. If you are interested in notes, you may want to look at this list to see how quickly I am going through projects and how many I have to get to.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This will be instead of any quoted deadline or offered discount.

I am looking for feedback on this system.

Comment

I recently got feedback from TitanCreed, and it was wonderful. Really straightforward and gave me quite a bit to think about. It did take about a month to get the coverage back, but I told him upfront I wasn't on any kind of time crunch (I'm actually not even jumping into the rewrite on this one until next month, because I have a draft of something else to finish first).

It's so helpful to have someone look at what you've written and then tell you what they saw. That kind of objective feedback is hard to come by, and TitanCreed does it well for a shockingly low price.

Comment

Just wanted to drop in to say a big thank you to TitanCreed for his excellent feedback on my latest script. The notes were thoughtful and constructive and easily as good if not better than any other coverage service I have used thus far.

Considering the price he is charging I would strongly recommend that he should be your first port of call for any feedback on your script. To be honest he should be charging a lot more considering the work he puts in and the level of detail he goes into in the notes that he provides.

I'll definitely be using his service again on all of my projects moving forward. Thank you so much TitanCreed.
                        Last edited by Klazart; 09-11-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Another thanks to TitanCreed for his notes which he should charge much more to prepare. I have used other coverage services that were highly touted and cost lots more, but I was impressed at the product, regardless of the price.

Umm, how do you use those Smilie things over there?

Comment

Titan, you still doing coverage? Sent you an email but haven't heard anything, just checking.

Comment

Originally posted by spyder23 View Post
                              Titan, you still doing coverage? Sent you an email but haven't heard anything, just checking.
                              I am. I'm just a bit overwhelmed right now, so I'm a bit backed up when it comes to email responses.

Because people often ask me if I am still doing coverage: If I ever stop, I will make an announcement in this thread. Writers can also check my queue to see if I still have active clients.

Comment

Dude, I hope that you do not quit, because I just today recommended you to someone.

Although I have never used a script consultant, I have seen your work, and it is good.

I do not know how you do it.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Working...
                                X